The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Interesting listening Vegas Dates, Royal Winners (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117541)

ThomEmery 10-04-2011 08:36 AM

Interesting listening Vegas Dates, Royal Winners

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bbqsupe...ent-in-the-pit

Tonight

WhiskeyBentBBQ 10-04-2011 09:33 AM

Thanks for sharing the link Thom. Ronnie Cates will be our first interview to give us the dates and further details about the 2012 USA BBQ Championship in Las Vegas. There are some pretty exciting details that he will give out on the air. We will follow up with Motley Que Crew which was crowned American Royal Open Grand Champion this week. We just received confirmation that our 3rd interview will be Mark Breen from Serial Griller. Serial Griller went 10th in the AR Invitational and 20th in the AR Open. Any of you that have cooking the AR in the past know that is one hell of a feat. Please join us as all this fun starts at 7 PM EST at the link provided above by Thom. Don't forget that when we wrap up at 9 PM, Greg Rempe will be over on www.theoutdoorcookingchannel.com as he will have Joe Beland from Tippy Canoe BBQ talking about his AR Invitational victory and he also has Myron scheduled to come on and talk about his AR cooks. There are 4 hours of solid BBQ radio programming scheduled for tonight. Please join us!

indianagriller 10-04-2011 11:33 AM

Cant wait for it... I took off of work to listen tonight..:crazy:

ique 10-04-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBentBBQ (Post 1806775)
he also has Myron scheduled to come on and talk about his AR cooks.

Over/under on the amount of times Myron calls the Royal a 'damn crapshoot'?

ThomEmery 10-04-2011 02:58 PM

I go with 5

Plowboy 10-04-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ique (Post 1807142)
Over/under on the amount of times Myron calls the Royal a 'damn crapshoot'?

Another Myron quote... "It is until you win one." :-D

Of course he was talking about the use of "World Champion" on various contests, but I think it might just apply here, too. That's funny chit though, Chris. Missed you this year.

Slamdunkpro 10-04-2011 03:59 PM

Durn it I have a meeting tonight - will this be available as a podcast?

Jeff_in_KC 10-04-2011 05:07 PM

Rumor has it the dates are the same date as our contest in Pleasant Hill. Ronnie thinks we're all in it for the cash. Bet we have as many here for $11,000 as he does for $250,000 if the last Vegas contest was any indication. I like Ronnie and I think his intentions for BBQ's future are good. I just don't agree with his belief on what motivates BBQ teams.

ThomEmery 10-04-2011 06:43 PM

March 30/31

DawgPhan 10-04-2011 07:28 PM

so is the money $250k? the rumors of big big money were wrong?

ique 10-04-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1807226)
Another Myron quote... "It is until you win one." :-D

Of course he was talking about the use of "World Champion" on various contests, but I think it might just apply here, too. That's funny chit though, Chris. Missed you this year.

I'm coming out next year. I'm qualified for the invite already so will be there for sure.

Plowboy 10-04-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC (Post 1807305)
Rumor has it the dates are the same date as our contest in Pleasant Hill. Ronnie thinks we're all in it for the cash. Bet we have as many here for $11,000 as he does for $250,000 if the last Vegas contest was any indication. I like Ronnie and I think his intentions for BBQ's future are good. I just don't agree with his belief on what motivates BBQ teams.

If I recall, the team count on most of these big money contests have been pretty average, no?

ique 10-04-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1807483)
If I recall, the team count on most of these big money contests have been pretty average, no?

Without checking ~200 teams in Little Rock and ~100 in Vegas this year. A bit harder to draw the numbers out to Vegas. I'd guess 200 teams tops for a 250k purse.

ThomEmery 10-04-2011 08:50 PM

There were two popular contests in California that weekend
So very few teams from the West made the trip last year
With this early time frame Western Organizers will be able to adjust

Scottie 10-04-2011 11:19 PM

So Thom... Can I be the first to ask if i can borrow your equipment??? :becky:

CSC will be there. Viva Las Vegas. Sorry Jeff, i do understand what you are saying. It's worth a shot in the dark and i play to try to win cash. A good greed though...