• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

WHAAAAAT?? Build an outdoor wood fired oven for $20?? -- YES!

Looks pretty sweet. I wonder how durable it is in a northern Midwest climate.

You have to cover it when it rains or else it will erode. It will crack when you dry it out, but that's ok, you can patch it with more dirt later. The slower you are at drying it out the less likely it will crack.

I ran across those last year...no way I could make mine look as good as the pictures. :p

I want to start with a little one first, to like bake a roll or muffin, just for fun :)

I'm a little confused on how the glass bottles don't cause problems with expansion, but I'm sure I'm just not getting it yet. Looks really cool for an inexpensive DIY project.

I am guessing the glass just doesn't get hot enough to become flowable. Even as the trapped gasses heat, the glass does not heat enough to deform. I have been thinking this is the year for me to do something like this.

My problem would be finding the materials. It's difficult enough to find new firebrick in my area, let alone recycled. I probably wasn't looking hard enough though, and soon no longer needed to look for it anyway, but...

Look up the ones that use half of a 55 gallon drum as the base frame or just a stacked brick version.

I'm still wondering about the cost. It looks like the build requires 5 six packs of various beer. That runs about $25 in my neck of the woods as I'm not seeing any PBR in their picture. If this is supposed to be legit, they should tell us where they're buying their beer. :tsk:

I'm still wondering about the cost. It looks like the build requires 5 six packs of various beer. That runs about $25 in my neck of the woods as I'm not seeing any PBR in their picture. If this is supposed to be legit, they should tell us where they're buying their beer. :tsk:

Probably home brew folks (like me)
Another plan source is Kiko Denzer books, utube etc

Back