Possible bubba keg trade

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Friend of mine has a lime green bubba keg. It is definitely older, and he said he would probably trade it for a weber ots (I'll probably get one off CL). Its definitely a bit older and the cooking grate is a bit rusty. Is it worth it?

I don't remember the original Bubba Keg coming in lime green? If it really is a Bubba Keg, it is worth quite a bit more than a Weber OTS.

If its a Bubba keg - grab it! Might need high temp silicone around the top and bottom vents.
Its definitely a practical and efficient cooker.

Yeah, its wierd, it says bubba keg, but it doesn't actually look like a keg- more like a grill dome. But it did say bubba keg on it.

Edit: Never mind- the bottom looks like the keg, but i'm not sure if the top has the indentation at the handle height. It might have just been painted green by him. He said his brother gave it to him.

I'll take a pic when my buddy gets back- my phone had to repeat the second grade a few times and isn't all that high tech.
Are the grates for these easy to find? The grate on this is cast iron and is fairly rusty. I might be able to sand it down and reseason it though.

Rust on CI is an easy fix man. Grab it and run already!!!

you got that right . use a 1 to 1 recipe on cast iron i part vinigar 1 part water . Soak for 4 hours . scrub with steel wool . rince if it still has rust do it again . But do not soak for over 4 hours at a time vinigar is a acid .

Rust on CI is an easy fix man. Grab it and run already!!!

Yeah, I have to get a CL weber first, so I've gotta get one off CL in the next day or two, and then I'll go over there this weekend and seal the deal. Pictures to come.

If its a straight up trade for a Bubba Keg, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a brand new OTS for $99

Back