• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KFC attempt

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Tasted excellent but I think I made my batter to thick. Didn't get real crisp but I threw on the kettle to soon also. Next time I wont use boneless skinless chicken breast. Great recipe. Can't wait to try again.
SAM_0287.jpg
SAM_0288.jpg

SAM_0289.jpg
SAM_0290.jpg

Thanks. I wanted to cook longer but got worried since I was using skinless boneless breast I would dry it out. Temp wise I cooked to 175 in one spot but was still really tender.

What temp did you cook it at? Looks good to me!
I think 350 or so. I put a cast iron skillet on the grill after the grill was at 350. I was worried about losing the batter using skinless chicken. I should have let the cast iron heat more.

Have faith - you would have done fine -
When I cooked mine yesterday I used a dry dredge and wasn't sure about it because when I made it before I used a batter - the dry worked great too. I want to try skinless next time.

Did you use the butter dip? Or spray with cooking spray mid-cook?

Assuming the weather holds out, I'm gonna try this out on Saturday.

And I'd eat that for sure....

I think I've been talked into trying this tonight. I do like the idea of boneless/skinless chicken breasts since my wife doesn't like eating off the bone, and of course the kids like chicken strips etc.

Missed this the first time around. Looks like something to go on my to-do list for sure.

I use skinless chicken myself and put it directly on the grates. I've used both thin and thick batter. With a thick batter, it shouldn't be a problem getting it to set. You do need a hot fire. I've never done it in cast iron, but if it wasn't up to temp then that batter is not going to crisp. It looks good from here though. :thumb:

Did you use the butter dip? Or spray with cooking spray mid-cook?

Assuming the weather holds out, I'm gonna try this out on Saturday.

And I'd eat that for sure....
I dipped it in butter. It was good just didn't get crisp. I will be trying again tomorrow. I think I my cast iron pan was not hot enough. I didn't hear a sizzle sound when I put it on. I'm going to try right on the grate tomorrow.

Back