• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fire ring build, home from the fab shop

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My son Mac & I picked up our new fire ring from the fab shop today. It's 4ft in diameter, 16 inches tall out of 1/4 inch steel with 4@18 inch plasma cut Gator logos. Mac is holding an orange towel behind the logo to simulate the look we are going for.
image_zps0c4600d0.jpg

image_zps1369059a.jpg

Now that it's home, we will start serious design on a Santa Maria style adjustable grill and rotisserie. More to come.

Nice lookin Fire Ring :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing the finished product !!

I like it. Looks like the pooch approves or he may be thinking to himself "what are my goofy owners up to now".

Go Gator! Where is Fairfield?

CR225 & CR316, 4 way stop sign with a Post Office & convenience store amout 20 miles south of Gainesville, west of I75, in between Micanopy & Ocala. More horses & cows than people.

Thanks. The guy that did the plasma work is actually a Georgia bulldog and we had fun teasing each other about how much it hurt him to do the Gator. But he also builds custom smokers and hunts so we found a ot of common ground.

Thanks. The guy that did the plasma work is actually a Georgia bulldog and we had fun teasing each other about how much it hurt him to do the Gator. But he also builds custom smokers and hunts so we found a ot of common ground.

i'm sure the money got for doing it also helped him out a lot too :biggrin1:

Yea, that helped! The 1/4 in X 4ft X 16 in hoop welded was $200. The 4 18 inch Gator logos laser cut were $25 each or $100 additional. Normally, I would consider that a little pricey but Mac is graduating from high school and going the Florida (engineering) and we are gettin ready for a graduation BBQ party the end of April.

Back