• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Low and Slow

E

EggGenie

I am looking for some new ideas of something to smoke (and no not pot). I usually do a brisket, butt, beer butt chicken, vegetables, corn, and ribs. Anyone have any out of the box ideas on something tasty to put on my BGE. Thanks!!!

Pizza!!!!!

Pizza!!!!!

Pizza!!!!!

Did I mention Pizza? :-D

It's not smoking or low and slow, but it's hard to beat pizza on the Egg.

Beef ribs or a chuck roast are good choices if you really want to cook low and slow.

Buy an uncut tube of Bologna - Smoke it and cut thick slices off for amazing Sandwiches.

Sausage? Not a fan of the smoke on Pizza myself. Go lower and try to smoke some cheese

At the temps that pizza is cooked the fire is burning very efficiently, so the pizza doesn't get much smoke at all.

I don't see how you can get a cold smoke on a BGE.

Easy... Use a very small fire and put a pan of ice under the grate. I used four briquettes with some wood chips on them and the Egg held at 80 degrees very nicely. Don't try this on a hot day, however :-D

Beef cheeks with rosemary and garlic, ultra rich flavor better than short ribs but same kind of texture. Hanger Steak, reverse seared takes the smoke like whoa! both go great with a big stinky Malbec

Definitely some home made sausage if you haven't tried it. I like to wrap it in corn husks instead of casing...saw the trick on DDD.

Back