***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Caribbean" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be declared the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Caribbean" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Caribbean"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Monday 4/28.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]dragon flame Q[/size]
attachment.php

[size=+2]beercuer[/size]
caribckn_olated_zps019ecee7.jpg

[size=+2]AussieTitch[/size]
067Medium_zps9067f879.jpg

[size=+2]Hometruckin[/size]
CaribbeanTD023_zpsa1582c47.jpg

[size=+2]Swine Spectator[/size]
picture.php

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
042_zps74eb2605.jpg

[size=+2]Al Czervik[/size]
edit_preview.php

[size=+2]onexchef[/size]
DSC01208.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
IMG_7382.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
picture.php

[size=+2]Will work for bbq[/size]
money7.jpg

[size=+2]Phrasty[/size]
92F118EC-2EB0-4B7C-ABD0-FC0A0BA9395A-10693-00000A58DADE2069_zpse51d8804.jpg

[size=+2]caliking[/size]
IMAG1938_zpsdfcd5d01.jpg

Went with CD... the composition of the shot, the colors, and that shrimp in the front corner just spoke to me!

Went with CD... the composition of the shot, the colors, and that shrimp in the front corner just spoke to me!

Thanks, but the food tasted better than the photo. Win or lose, I hope brethren will try making mofongo and sofrito. They are amazing, and really easy to make.

I made some fajita style chicken tacos with leftover sofrito. It was farking awesome. I really hope this throwdown gets brethren thinking about Cuban/Puerto Rican flavors. Compared to Mexican and Tex-Mex flavors, it is more savory, and less heat. Lots of garlic.

CD

I cast my vote for WWFB looks fantastic. My poor ribs didn't stand a chance. Great job from everyone who participated.

Had to go with beercuer. The sauce and orange rice really piqued my interest since it was first posted, and the close up was a killer shot for me. CD's almost got my vote though because that dish is another I'd really like to try. Heck, all of these are worth a try come to think of it. Great TD y'all.

Had to go with CD. Not only does that look great, but it's also so much fun to say.
MOFONGO! mofongo, MMM... Mofongoooooo

I'm ashamed to say I have been too busy to enter my own durn throwdown-was out of town for awhile, then been worked like a rented tractor for the last week-but I'll have to say, y'all did me proud. This is gonna be a hard one to cast a vote in-everything looks great. :thumb:

Let me start by saying all of the entries were phenomenal!

I had to go with CD because it screamed "Caribbean" to me.

All of you guys did a great job though, and I picked up some great recipes.

Dave

Back