Testing my new Cold Smoke Genrator

P

Pitmasterx

As a follow up for the unboxing session I made a video about testing the cold smoke generator.

It is the first time lighting the cold smoke generator. I like subtle smoke that it produces. But I am impressed with taste that it leaves. I don´t like the tealight.:boxing:

Watch the video for the complete test
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MIMdbTeocM"]Testing Cold Smoke Generator from ProQ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for watching :grin:

Yeah, the tealight I found to be a pain too....what I do is wrap a piece of tin foil around the tea light and twist to make a handle...so it resembles a kind of frying pan with the tealight the pan part obviously! Makes getting it in and out easier.

Regarding the wind, I usually place the CSG on the lower rack of the Excel 20, light the tealight and put the top stacker, rack and dome lid on. Leave for a minute or so then remove the tealight and pop the bacon, cheese whatever on the top rack.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert from Pro Q...it's not, I just have their products and have been happy with them.

This is the first I've seen of this gadget - it appears this would allow me to cold smoke most anything using my Kamado Joe or any other similar smoker? This could be used for fish, cheese, etc? It's almost too simple to be true. Very nice! Are you getting top notch results with this? Good smoke?

Yes, top notch results!

I like the simplicety of cold smoking this way. The things I have tried smoking with it until now tried out great. Still working out what to smoke with what type of wood and for how long.

Actually a have garlic in my weber for cold smoking right now:cool:

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Back