• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Waterloo, IA looking for more teams

B

Buster Dog BBQ

Granted the contest is about 3 weeks away, but they are looking for about 15 more teams. Included with your entry you can also enter desert and side dish for no extra charge.

I can't answer the team question - but the email was sent to 18 different email addresses - I recognized most of the addresses as other team names. I know of a handful of teams that are were not on the email list that do plan on competing.

I think 25 teams is safe (assuming nearly all 18 addresses in the email were going to teams)

That's what I would of thought. When I was there 2 years ago, I want to say there were around 40 teams... Will LaPorte get 25 though?

Buster, do you know? If not, I'll email Roy to see what he has signed up.

I have been very impressed with the communication I am getting from the organizers. So far I have received a phone call and two emails. The email sent today was from a coordinator with her cell phone number and it appears that there will be a coordinator for every five teams or so.

I am planning on being there if I can get some cash together soon!

I am planning on being there if I can get some cash together soon!

Bring your AC, it's usually hot there. :mrgreen:

IMG_6721.jpg

Hey, even redneck ingenuity has a time and place - nothing wrong with that.

Roy said they have about 25 teams and are capping at 30. Better get in while you can. Waterloo is still looking for more.

I was kinda unimpessed with the lady on the phone from waterloo.
I asked about entry and such, then she asks who I am.
I tell her...then she wants to know the team name...I tell her...Then she says to me "well, I've never heard of you."
Kinda got me uninterested in even going now...Apparently, I'm not popular enough...imagine that!

I was kinda unimpessed with the lady on the phone from waterloo.
I asked about entry and such, then she asks who I am.
I tell her...then she wants to know the team name...I tell her...Then she says to me "well, I've never heard of you."
Kinda got me uninterested in even going now...Apparently, I'm not popular enough...imagine that!

Did you begin the phone call with these words: "Hi this is Spanky..." If so, that may explain the cold shoulder.

Next time feel free to tell her you are with Holy and Oly's - that'll impress her! :)

For those of you that travel and compete in both contests, are there showers available at either one?

In my RV..feel free to use it, just ignore the blinking red light in the corner...we love making inappropriate you tube videos!

For those of you that travel and compete in both contests, are there showers available at either one?
Waterloo definately not. LaPorte, I don't think so either as they are both just at parks. But there is a truck stop on the way between and they probably have showers.

Waterloo definately not. LaPorte, I don't think so either as they are both just at parks. But there is a truck stop on the way between and they probably have showers.

I thought I heard the Roy Porter let the teams use the shower at his place. Maybe I should check youtube?:eek:

Maybe in LaPorte, we can all line up and we can have somebody hose us down like circus elephants and scrub us down with the long handled brush. :lol::wink:

Back