The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Problems with Maverick ET 733 (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177501)

sportsnut 12-23-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2740601)
Just wondering what brand batteries you are putting in it? Also being the unofficial go to guy for Maverick issues I may be able to help even if you bought it from someone other than me.

Duracell Procell, Duracell Coppertop, Sony Stamina Plus and what ever the cheap ones that came with it.

5-0 BBQ 12-24-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsnut (Post 2740721)
Duracell Procell, Duracell Coppertop, Sony Stamina Plus and what ever the cheap ones that came with it.

That is a strange one. I get around 2 months of being on 24-7 on dollar store batteries. I have one that runs all day as a demo unit at the store.

The reason why they ask for the unit back is so they can figure out what is wrong. If you put the transmitter in a small USPS flat rate box it would be a little over $5, if you put it in a small box or padded envelope and ship First Class it will be even less.

sportsnut 12-24-2013 09:10 AM

Copy that. It's the receiver that is bad. I might of said transmitter earlier, my bad.:doh:

Should I call them and make sure it's only the defective receiver and not the whole package I need to send in?

5-0 BBQ 12-24-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsnut (Post 2740943)
Copy that. It's the receiver that is bad. I might of said transmitter earlier, my bad.:doh:

Should I call them and make sure it's only the defective receiver and not the whole package I need to send in?

Call and see if Darren is available. He is my competition teammate and a VP at Maverick. Great guy and he is the one who designed the ET-733.

Merry Christmas. I hope I was able to help a little.

sportsnut 12-26-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2741429)
Call and see if Darren is available. He is my competition teammate and a VP at Maverick. Great guy and he is the one who designed the ET-733.

I appreciate your help, Thanks.:thumb:

I called for Darren this morning , but he is out till next Monday.

smokeswirl 12-27-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug S. (Post 2733358)
Hate to admit it but I've left mine on for "days" and never had a problem, seems the batteries last forever, I'd give them a call they have great customer service

I have the same experience as quoted. I go weeks leaving them on in the cold weather and have yet to replace the battery

sportsnut 01-06-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5-0 BBQ (Post 2741429)

I called and talked to Darren this morning and he said ship it to him and he will take care of it. Boxed it up in a small flat rate box and sent it on it's way.

Thanks for your help Steve!

Ron

PatAttack 01-06-2014 02:02 PM

In other words, you still had to pay to send it back.?

I know one time, a friend had a problem with a Thermoworks unit and they sent him a shipping label for it to be returned to them. Then they shipped it back all on their dime. Not his.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Maverick units but I'd like for them to stand behind their products a little better. (Not just the probes.):tape:

sportsnut 01-06-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatAttack (Post 2755803)
In other words, you still had to pay to send it back.?
Don't get me wrong, I like the Maverick units but I'd like for them to stand behind their products a little better. (Not just the probes.):tape:

Copy that.

sportsnut 01-19-2014 12:24 PM

Maverick sent me a new unit which I received 4 days ago. I have left it turned on just for ****s and giggles since I received it and the batteries are still going strong. :bow:
With the defective unit the batteries would be dead after two days with the unit turned off...:wacko:

Thank you Steve for directing me to Darren @ Maverick.

JamieK 01-19-2014 12:30 PM

Just a suggession, but if you are going to continue to use that device, why not remove the batteries after you are finished cooking, that way you do not have to use new batteries every cook.

sportsnut 01-19-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieK (Post 2770956)
Just a suggession, but if you are going to continue to use that device, why not remove the batteries after you are finished cooking, that way you do not have to use new batteries every cook.

I don't have "that device" any longer, as it was defective.

jamus34 02-16-2014 01:17 PM

I received the ET-733 as a gift and just put it together today to check it out (unfortunately my grills / smokers are still buried).

Transmitter will not turn off. I tried pressing the power button to varying degrees with no luck. Sent email to Maverick help desk, awaiting answer. Gonna be kinda ticked if I have to pay to ship something what would be equivalent of about 5 miles from my house based on the address listed on the website.

sportsnut 02-16-2014 11:19 PM

Although my replacement unit is working fine, made in China speak's loudly....

castlepines 02-16-2014 11:55 PM

I was not at all impressed with Maverick's customer service. I had an issue with my unit and left them a message as well as an email. The issue resolved itself and I figured i would let them know that when they contacted me. It wasn't until 10 days layer that I finally got a return email, long after I had already about the problem. Not impressed.

Companies that won't stand behind what they sell and charge you shipping for a unit that was sent to you defective make me violent. I would have absolutely no problem taking advantage of their return policy and would purchase a second unit and send back the first as a return and refund on their dime. Fark em.