The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Found a concession truck, is the price good? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124611)

Mooner 01-22-2012 07:16 PM

Found a concession truck, is the price good?

So I have a guy here in my town who is selling a used concession truck (hence the thread title). It has 4 sinks, 2 refers, work tables, sandwich maker, air conditioner, etc. The truck has 250k miles on it. It's in fair shape, appears to run ok. Looks like an old bread truck.

Is 10,000 a good price? The guy sold bbq sammies and ribs out of it for a while. It's a moderate investment and for the money I wanted some opinions.
Thanks guys

that's hot 01-22-2012 07:39 PM

sounds like a good start.

M

Mooner 01-22-2012 11:05 PM

Yeah I thought so but I'm wanting some info from guys who buy and sell these things. I don't know crap about these trucks or what they are valued at. Everything ive seen on the internet is high.

RICK Allen 01-22-2012 11:58 PM

Got any pics? Is it hd approved, when was the last safety inspection done, what year is it, does he have a maintenance and repair record, depending on the age 250k is not alot for a cater truck as long as the maintenance was kept up. If it was professionally built by a cater truck builder, and all of the above not a bad deal if it is homade with none of the above not so much

caseydog 01-23-2012 12:07 AM

Wow, 250K miles?

That sounds steep to me. I need more info. Has the engine and drivetrain been rebuilt or replaced?

The cooking side of this truck is probably workable, but if you want to make a living off of it, this thing better start every day, and end every day running.

I would personally have a hard time paying 10K for anything with 250K miles on it.

Don't let your desire to follow a dream cloud your judgement. Get a PPI (pre-purchase inspection) done on it. It will cost you at least a hundred bucks (most likely 200 bucks for a really thorough PPI), but you really need to know what you are facing down the road.

CD

HBMTN 01-23-2012 10:59 AM

You could need a $4,000 - $5,000 engine at any time. How much value would you say is in the equipment coming with the truck? You can get a concessions trailer new for $11,000 to $14,000 7'x16' or so.

The Pigman 01-23-2012 11:11 AM

First off is it a Desil engine???? I have a 1981 P-30 (bread Truck) with a deisel engine that runs real good. I would not want a gas engine in one. $10,000. is a real good price for everything being done in it
Did this guy do the work on kitchen or did he have it done......It needs to pass inspection or you wasted your money make that part of the deal

expatpig 01-23-2012 11:50 AM

Sounds like a good price...for the seller.

Mooner 01-30-2012 05:19 PM

Yeah, I didn't end up getting it. It was an old truck (gas engine) and after some self deliberation I said screw it. Figure Ill go another route

TOPPER-Q 02-16-2012 02:56 PM

Disel or gas? and if diesel, how many hours and check for rebuild. But I agree with Dog sounds steep with limited equipment.....