Smoked Sous Vide Cheese Curd Burger

chefman316

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
100% ground short rib cheese curd burger, 15 min on the Rec Tec pellet smoker at 180°F, then about 1-1/2 in 134°F sous vide bath, finished with cast iron sear with avocado oil.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks great, did the cheese curds hold up?

Some of the curds that were close to the outside of the patty melted a bit in the bag before the sear, but there was plenty in the patty still.

There is also a nice texture and flavor when some cheese oozed out in the cast iron pan...crunchy cheese is a winner.

Hmmm... My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail :rolleyes:

That looks great! I haven't tried a sous vide burger yet. How did it compare to a burger that was grilled or reverse sear?

Hmmm... My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail :rolleyes:

That looks great! I haven't tried a sous vide burger yet. How did it compare to a burger that was grilled or reverse sear?

Somewhat similar to a reverse sear burger but since your temp is so accurate, you can see in the picture you get beautiful pink all the way though. It may be a little deceptive as it looks VERY rare, but since we cooked it at around 135°F, its actually more medium/medium rare all the way through.

Putting it on the list, my teammate just sent a pic of his Sous Vide burgers last night...it's a sign for my next meal. That is after my summer picnic with Santa. Thanks for the idea.

Back