The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Grilling Ideas, Recipes and/or Advice (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151380)

tb80 01-12-2013 09:59 PM

Grilling Ideas, Recipes and/or Advice

I need some new ideas for recipes on the grill. I am looking for something that takes around 30 mins to an hour. I normally cook fajitas, venison, burgers, steaks, pork tenderloin, salmon... I want something I can throw on the grill after work without a ton of prep work and sit there and listen to some tunes. It can't be too expensive or too unhealthy as we are on a budget and trying to eat healthy.
Any suggestions?

Bludawg 01-12-2013 10:36 PM

Neked Fattie,Meatloaf, Stuffed Peppers,Potato Bombs,Mac & cheese..

cowgirl 01-12-2013 10:38 PM

Hmmm... what about fish tacos with chipotle slaw? It's quick and easy.

HankB 01-12-2013 11:26 PM

Chicken parts or spatchcocked chicken.
Lamb chops (no where near half an hour, in fact.)
Any fish

Are you grilling vegetables? I've done onions, summer squash (zucchini and yellow) winter squash (3/4" butternut slices) broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peppers, potatoes (sliced about 1/2" thick) and corn on the cob.

Pita bread brushed with EVOO and sprinkled with sesame seeds.

I just watched an episode of Primal Grill where Raichlen did tofu. Claimed it was good!

Casadias.

Now you're making me hungry!

tb80 01-13-2013 12:41 AM

Thanks for the tips. I like the lamb and fish tacos ideas.

JMSetzler 01-13-2013 01:35 AM

Lasagna or baked pasketti :)

Titch 01-13-2013 02:26 AM

Kebabs or Kofta,anything on skewers.
Cheers.
Titch

buccaneer 01-13-2013 05:10 AM

Chicken breasts chili fied, and whole fish is awesome!

Foxfire 01-13-2013 10:46 AM

Seared ahi, ready in 3 min!

morgaj1 01-13-2013 01:26 PM

Here is an easy, healthy recipe. Take a large sheet of aluminum foil. Place salmon filets on foil and season with salt and pepper. On top of the salmon, place sliced fresh onions, fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach (put more spinach than you think because it cooks down a lot). Then, bring the sides of the foil up and make a bowl around the fish and veggies. Pour Sun-dried tomato salad dressing over the top of the salmon and veggies. Bunch the foil up and close it over the top of the fish. Bring your grill up to about 350F and grill over indirect heat for 20 minutes. Comes out perfect every time.

caliking 01-13-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxfire (Post 2327037)
Seared ahi, ready in 3 min!

+1. Costco has great tuna steaks. I don't eat out much anymore because the seafood and meats are so good there.

A friend recently gave me a copy of Raichlen's Planet Barbecue. Seems like a nice book with tonsof recipes. My plan is to try and work through as many of them as I can. I was feeling in a bit of a rut after doing the usual wings, chciken, ribs, and butts. Working on doing more fish, lamb, and veggies myself. Like you, we are trying to eat healthy (lost about 70lbs between the two of us last year).

caseydog 01-13-2013 04:40 PM

One of my favorite quick cooks on the grill is chicken wings. I season with Kosher salt and black pepper, and toss them on one of the Webers. If it is just me, I use the SJG. Sometimes I sauce the wings after grilling, and sometimes I just eat them as-is. Great finger food for the patio when the weather is right.

Wings are also a camping dinner for me. I prep them at home, vacuum seal them, and toss them on the SJG at the campsite. Easy to cook, and almost no clean-up after dinner.

Another favorite is bone in pork loin chops, marinaded all day in Stubb's Pork Marinade. I can even start the marinade the night before. I come home from working, and fire up the SJG, pour a drink, and grill up my chops. I can serve it over Minute Rice cooked in the microwave, with some of the marinade, simmered down while the chops cook, as a sauce. It is pretty spicy as a sauce, so if that is not your thing, just use it as the marinade.

There are two quick, super-easy cooks. Either one can be prepped in advance, and turned out in thirty minutes or less.

CD

jorrflv 01-13-2013 04:45 PM

I like doing tri tips and grilled bruschetta. Yum Yum.

Big dawg 01-13-2013 04:57 PM

I would definitely try the fish tacos and or tri tip with grilled asparagus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tb80 01-13-2013 05:41 PM

Great ideas guys. Keep them coming.
Casey - I have never cooked wings, that will definitely go on my hit list.