SmokeyMole From Columbia, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmokeyMole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been lurking in the shadows since I joined up with the Brethren. I haven't been posting, but I've been studying up on Smokin' and Q'n thanks to many of you. I figured it was time to formally introduce myself to the group.

BellyBro I and II are buddies of mine and BellyBro I got me hooked on Smokin' and Q'n. I've been a griller for years, but his introducing me to the Brethren and smokin' and q'n has opened up a whole new world. Like I needed another hobby!

I am happily married with 2 kids. I am active in a local church here in town, play online games, ride mountain bikes, play a little golf, and fish when I have some free time. The whole family has quickly embraced the smell of the smoker since I got started. My son keeps asking for more fatties with his eggs! Got to start him young.

I got my Great Smoky Mtn Vertical Charcoal Smoker about a month and a half ago. So far I love it! Immediately made a fire grate mod to it before I fired it up the first time to keep the coals elevated, allowing for better air circulation. Found out my next door neighbor saw the box sitting at the curb for the trash and came right over. Turns out he is a smoker and q'r for years and couldn't wait to offer help, recipes and the like to get me going on the right foot. Got to love neighbors like that.

You've also got to love it when you look over your Christmas list and every item on it relates to blue smoke in some fashion.

BellyBro I is my toughest critic. So far I am getting getting good marks on the finished products!

Thanks for all the info shared on this site! My wife is getting used to seeing me fire up the laptop to do some Q research before I fire up the smoker.

Welcome Brother Smokey! If your patient enough to put up with Bellbro all day :wink: you're more than patient enough to make an excellent Q cook!
Don't be shy about posting, we'll wait on you to post like one hog waits on another at the trough so get right in there and share what you're learning and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Damn, another MoFo added to the group!!

Welcome Smokey! I taught the Bellys everything they know! :mrgreen: :twisted:

I guess we know where the Midwest Bash will be this year.........

Again welcome.......hope you enjoy the site!

Columbia, MO must be the epicenter of the Midwest Brethren. Welcome brother MOFO.

Welcome Smoky - glad to see another come out of lurk mode. Look forward to your contributions, humor, etc.

Sounds like you're running with good company! Welcome to the group.

Alright, I need admin rights so I can cut of these mofo's. Just kidding. Glad to have you aboard.

Welcome, if we get any more people that know the BellyBro's we'll have to start a whole new chapter just for them :p

is it just me, or is half the population of Columbia MO Brethren

willkat98 said:

Why not? Apparently they're all related....one way or another.

8)

racer_81 said:
willkat98 said:

Why not? Apparently they're all related....one way or another.

8)

I didn't realize Columbia, MO was that far south!

Welcome aboard Smokeymole. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

Hey Smoky, we welcome you with Blue Smoke and lots of words of wisdom. Listen to these guys because they are the Masters Of Q. Post a lot and questions or your 2 cents either way we welcome it.

Sorry Racer, we in the Columbia area have forked family trees! :D

Welcome, Smokey!

Welcome brother to the Columbia Cartel. Would like to see you at a Central Missouri BBQ Society Meeting sometime.

spicewine said:
Would like to see you at a Central Missouri BBQ Society Meeting sometime.

Isn't that where we are right now? :D

willkat98 said:

11:20 last night? no recollection of that post.

Welcome Smokey.

Hope you like this place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back