• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Healing Brisket (pron)

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, it's been a little while since my last post. It feels good to let my emotions for meat pour out onto my work computer.

A slight back story, my uncle has not had many happy days in his life. He has always been a relatively bitter dude. I don't think it's anything in particular, just a short tempered, sunny side down kind of guy.

Irregardless (not a word), he has recently been diagnosed with some serious cancer. He has 4 kids (2 in college) and a life he doesn't necessarily want to give up just yet (understandably). One thing we do have in common (other than our mutual love and respect for my Ducati) is that he loves BBQ (especially brisket). He has a Kamado in his back yard and we've talked at length (for him that's a whole 2 minutes) about brisket.

I decided to snag a few flats when I was at Costco last week (they don't have the full packer for some reason) and I threw one on the BGE this last Saturday morning. Did the standard S+P with a little Bovine Bold to finish it off and cooked about 9 hrs at 250 with oak and hickory.

I also got a new Victorinox slicing knife, which did a FANTASTIC job.

I showed up at his house around 5:45pm, knocked on the door with an aluminum tray full of brisket in hand, the look on his face could have lit the Washington Memorial.

Food (BBQ) is the fabric of our lives.

Last edited:
Well good on ya, not only does that look great, you put a heck of a bright spot in his day.
Dave

my prayers to your family... great looking brisket!!

P.S. the brisket pron put a smile on my face too!!

Way to go!!
Hope all goes well for your uncle. Will keep you all in my thoughts.

Brisket is looking good.
What you did was a class act.

Nice brisket! Awesome that it made your uncle smile, hope he drops that cancer like a bad habit!

I never really understood how big a small meal could to mean to someone until a few years ago my wife badly broke her leg and was bed ridden for 8 weeks and we were brought meals a couple times a week. Those little things can put a big smile on someone's face and brighten the day for them. Good job brother!! Hope the best for your uncle.

you did good .prayers for your uncle comming your way

The brisket looks great and good on you for your thoughtfulness. Prayers sent for your uncle to beat the cancer!

It is always a blessing to hear about good deeds done like this!! Hope he pulls thru.

Ps. That's a good lookin brisket!!

Back