looking for a lid for an 85gallon drum

Grizzly6

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a dome lid for an 85gal drum? I have the flat lid and would like to have a dome lid for it. I have searched online, but alas I am not that great with the interwebz.

Thanks in advance for your helping...

I have a 85 gallon uglydrum. I used a masterbilt 26 inch kettle grill lid I got on clearance at home depot. I had to cut off the top ring on the drum.

I have a 85 gallon uglydrum. I used a masterbilt 26 inch kettle grill lid I got on clearance at home depot. I had to cut off the top ring on the drum.

Thank you. The Weber lid is $168 from them... Not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on the ugly drum

Keep an eye out on craigslist for a used 26" kettle, and scavenge it for parts. As was mentioned above, it doesn't have to be a weber kettle, there are several knock off 26.5" kettles out there.

On cutting the top of the drum off, I wouldn't want to do that for myself. The better option would be to add a strip of flat bar stock to the inside of the drum that the kettle lid can sit on.

The lid from my vintage 26" Weber Bar-B-Q-Kettle fits perfectly on my 85 gallon UDS.

is it SIDEWAYS barrel or up and down?, get another barrel i suppose? on my Char King it IS a barrel cut in half sideways

hope that helps

but you have a real barrel? 26 " seems small? did you buy it that way?

hey, your the guy looking for a barrel lid, go make one or buy a new barrel, :mad2:

I'm not the one that started this thread... LOL A UDS is a Vertical smoker made out of a drum. May want to check more into what you are talking about before you make comments there buddy.. :laugh:

nice way to treat someone on their first day, you are no buddy of mine, if a UDS is a vertical smoker why isn;t it VDS unless you don't want to go posting around that you want to put a lid on your VD

Most UDS's are made of 55 Gallon barrels most of which are about 22 inches wide.. so it makes perfect sense that an 85 gallon barrel would be wider.. and taller for the extra 30 gallons

Most UDS's are made of 55 Gallon barrels most of which are about 22 inches wide.. so it makes perfect sense that an 85 gallon barrel would be wider.. and taller for the extra 30 gallons

great, we agree that 26" is too small :clap:

Maximum Burn, a UDS is a Ugly Drum Smoker. I'm sure no harm/insult was meant by the posts, it all in fun.

For the OP, looks like a 26 inch lid would work. Good to know

look, this is simple, go down to ace hardware and order a barrel, take two lids, and then the next day return the barrel with one lid and get your money back, and use that extra lid that you keep for free. you know the trash barrel kind of barrell but made of metal, they still sell those and MADE in the USA, none of this chinese crap made by prisoners

look, this is simple, go down to ace hardware and order a barrel, take two lids, and then the next day return the barrel with one lid and get your money back, and use that extra lid that you keep for free. you know the trash barrel kind of barrell but made of metal, they still sell those and MADE in the USA, none of this chinese crap made by prisoners

wow.

Back