The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   24"x52" reverse flow smoker with squared off doors by TQ and Tyler (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154769)

TuscaloosaQ 02-27-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt (Post 2385968)
Another quality build, I like it. Just curious, do you happen to have a portable bandsaw I could borrow?

Matt

Yes I have a saw or 2 you can borrow..... problem is Cal is a long way from Alabama!!!!!! Thanks for your nice comments on the cooker. It is suppose to be a patio model but i am going to see if the customer wants to put on a small trailer with a removeable tongue that way it can be used a lot of different ways. I have a couple of ideas I am tossing thru this noggin of mine !!!!!!

el_matt 02-27-2013 01:22 PM

Based on your previous builds, I'm confidant this will be perfect.

Matt

cowgirl 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

Another fantastic build Paul!!! Your skills are amazing! :cool::thumb:

DownHomeQue 02-27-2013 01:47 PM

A+ Craftmanship Great work! :clap:

TuscaloosaQ 02-27-2013 02:17 PM

el_matt
DownHomeQue cowgirl

Thank you all for the nice comments on the cooker, these style doors I like I have seen them before and kinda thru my own trist in

davefan360 02-27-2013 05:21 PM

I like your build, can you please tell me more details on the doors? It looks like they have a seal or seam on the edge of the door? How did you make that seal? also how did you seal the side where the hinges are? thanks

Big M1ke 02-27-2013 05:23 PM

Badass! :clap2:

TuscaloosaQ 02-27-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan360 (Post 2386447)
I like your build, can you please tell me more details on the doors? It looks like they have a seal or seam on the edge of the door? How did you make that seal? also how did you seal the side where the hinges are? thanks

At this time I have no kind of seal at all, the doors are framed out of 1x1x3/16 angel iron and a 3/16 plate is fit in the frame. It makes a tight seal it was clamped tight before Tacking. The cooker has a subframe made of 1"1/4 X 3/16 angel iron. I may add some insulation trim later just depends on how I like it. With heat and smoke rising and the stack when welded on open most is going in the path of least resistence and that is out the stack in my opinion

DownHomeQue Nice job on your build brother!!!!!

davefan360 02-27-2013 07:02 PM

ok so you just framed out both the door and the cooker so the angel iron buts flush to each other when you close the door its tight? Now I get it. thanks for the info

TuscaloosaQ 02-27-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan360 (Post 2386568)
ok so you just framed out both the door and the cooker so the angel iron buts flush to each other when you close the door its tight? Now I get it. thanks for the info

No problem at all... Isn't it all about people helping people who love cookers and cooking. I was not born into this world knowing dittley squat
Many many people have helped me!!!!!!

TuscaloosaQ 02-28-2013 07:41 PM

This post will be continued really soon i had to go back to my regular job at the refinery and Tyler is busy doing ornamental fence work. Me and the new owner have decided it would be better to make a small custom trailer for the cooker, prolly with a removable tongue. I built the bottom grate tonight but when you have to get up at 3:00am to go to the refinery to work you are kinda pooped at the end of the day. But I love those 4 days on 4 off

Wyley 02-28-2013 08:36 PM

If I am ever fortunate enough to be able to afford something like this I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to be looking up. That is awesome build.

Hoss 02-28-2013 09:09 PM

Savin up butter and egg money for gas to pull my old cooker to Tuscaloosa for a makeover!!!:clap2:

TuscaloosaQ 03-01-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoss (Post 2388246)
Savin up butter and egg money for gas to pull my old cooker to Tuscaloosa for a makeover!!!:clap2:

You are welcome anytime Hoss....You make me laugh way to loud!!!!!

Wyley Thanks for the nice compliments it is an honor to here those kind of remarks
And i can hook you up!!!!!!

Shiz-Nit 03-01-2013 09:00 AM

That will be sweet when done!