Teleswitch Hitch

Yeah, that would be sweet. Wonder what the weight limits are and if they have one designed for a WDH.

Pretty cool device. I usually make my wife back up so I can get her lined up the first time. Wonder if they make a class 4 adapter.

A friend called me last week with a question....

"Is there any reason I can't velcro a cheap camera to my bumper so my wife can watch the laptop to back up and hook up to a trailer when I'm not around?"

A couple of bucks for some USB adapters and longer cable, a little velcro...and it worked.

YMMV

A friend called me last week with a question....

"Is there any reason I can't velcro a cheap camera to my bumper so my wife can watch the laptop to back up and hook up to a trailer when I'm not around?"

A couple of bucks for some USB adapters and longer cable, a little velcro...and it worked.

YMMV

I thought about that. Glad to hear that it worked.

I need a 5" drop on my hitch adapter. I don't think the Teleswivel folks support that. I'm going to go look.

I thought about buying a back up monitor from Sam's - about $140 or so. Then have a mount for the camera on the bumper and another on the back of the trailer. Place the camera on the bumper when hitching up and then moving it to the back of the trailer for transport.

I sure could have used that a time or two.... Very good idea. I'd need a 2.5 drop.

pretty cool.....would make it easier and not as many dings in the bumper or license plate.

When you are backing up the pole will start to be knocked over,pole on ball is hit by hitch and then you stop. The poles are four foot tall and easy to align.
I cant really explain it. Its just magic. The poles are only twenty bucks, will fit on your gun rack for easy hauling, kids use them as light savers, have been well worth it.
Hooking up the trailer is now a one person deal. Everyone that has seen them used asks where to purchase them from. Mine came from a local rv dealer.
jon
The hitch adapter you showed is cool also. Not sure if it is four hundred cool.

Response from TeleSwivel

Folks, thanks for talking about the TeleSwivel hitch. I run the product development area for the company, and we are developing both a weight distributing attachment and a drop hitch attachment for our TeleSwivel product. They should be out in the summertime.

The weight limit for gross trailer weight is 10,000 pounds for both models; the one with just a ball will hold a tongue weight of 1,000 pounds; the one that takes regular ball mounts (the BX model) will support a tongue weight of 800 pounds. It is lower because it sticks out farther from the truck.

Thanks again,
Greg

Folks, thanks for talking about the TeleSwivel hitch. I run the product development area for the company, and we are developing both a weight distributing attachment and a drop hitch attachment for our TeleSwivel product. They should be out in the summertime.

The weight limit for gross trailer weight is 10,000 pounds for both models; the one with just a ball will hold a tongue weight of 1,000 pounds; the one that takes regular ball mounts (the BX model) will support a tongue weight of 800 pounds. It is lower because it sticks out farther from the truck.

Thanks again,
Greg

Because of how my trailer was designed, I have a more tongue weight than I should have to. The further the ball is from my truck, the more leverage the trailer has to squat the tow vehicle. A weight distribution attachment would be ideal. Let me know how that progresses, Greg.

I think that is a neat product. As long as they are tested to the extreme, I'd be cool with it. The one I have is 17 yrs. old and cost me a heck of a lot more than the Teleswivels do. And mine eats me out of house and home.:doh:

Back