The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Event coming up this weekend (11/8-9) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51697)

big brother smoke 11-06-2008 09:35 AM

When I do ribs for the "Ranch," I smoke them on the rig 3/5ths of the way and bring closure on the Santa Maria at the "Ranch."

lazybonesmoke1 11-06-2008 09:39 AM

I pre-cook brisket, pork butt and ribs when I do festivals and even parties. I smoke them for about 2.5 hours at 225 then immediately refridgerate them. Then I put them in the smoker on site at about 300 for about an hour and finish them over a charcoal grill and cut to order basically. I keep them in a hot box and do them in batches...... What kind of equipment are you going to have there?

Bigmista 11-06-2008 09:46 AM

I will probably do 25-30 rack total and I only 3.5 hours total time before the festival opens so I need to have some done ahead of time.

Bigmista 11-06-2008 12:50 PM

The brisket was done with a triple layer rub a la Barbefunkoramaque. I used Lawry's, his brisket rub and another layer of coarse black pepper. Smells awesome!

barbefunkoramaque 11-06-2008 05:46 PM

neil, remember my sexy ribs video. Look in my profile. Those first set of loinbacks were called "Breaks My Heart Loinbacks" for a Reason

People will kill me if I told you why so PM me and I will tell you. I always have some of these frozen halfway in case I run out of product and there's a line.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 774700)
Bigmista's Barbecue will be vending at the Pasadena Art Festival this weekend.

We will be serving Pulled Pork, Ribs, Tri-Tip, Chicken and Links. Both sandwiches and dinners. We might even try out a few specialty items. More on those after the festival.

Gonna have to precook some of the meat in oreder to be able to start selling at 10am.

Anybody have experience with cooking ribs half way, chilling them and finishing the cook, the day of? All suggestions accepted.

Also, all my So Cal brothers and sisters are enocouraged to come and visit. This is your official invitation. It will be in in front of City Hall in Pasadena on Holly and Garfield. Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

barbefunkoramaque 11-06-2008 05:55 PM

what Big Mista is not telling you is that I also gave him another container of large grained spice rub that he must think sucks!

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

and he keeps rubbing it in by showing those damn pictures of his ribs that make me mad...er hungry.

"want some ice cream? Psyche!"

eddie murphy

301a

Bigmista 11-06-2008 06:55 PM

The large grain rub is what I'm using!!! Not the butt glitter. I will use the butt glitter on a couple of the butts I am cooking tonite.

barbefunkoramaque 11-06-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 775792)
The large grain rub is what I'm using!!! Not the butt glitter. I will use the butt glitter on a couple of the butts I am cooking tonite.

ahhhhh I see. I have been sitting here wondering why you didn't IM me back when I said I'd give you the list of ingredients. I thought I pissed you off LOL.

I am confused. If your first layer is Lawreys and your second layer is the large grained stuff I sent you that needed extra pepper added to the mix, what would be your third layer if you removed the Butt Glitter?

Of course if you did it with no butt glitter.....ahhhhh You are going for real old school... like before the Titanic Old school. ahhhhh haaahhh... ****, at least add some Don Cornelius seed.

Bigmista 11-06-2008 11:52 PM

The third layer was the coarse pepper that I didn't add before. The Barry White Rub didn't have any Don Cornelius seed?

Qcrue2U 11-07-2008 01:08 AM

Good luck man!! Hope all goes well!!

big brother smoke 11-07-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmista (Post 775978)
The Barry White Rub didn't have any Don Cornelius seed?

Sounds like y'all been smoking weed!:biggrin:

hossrocks 11-09-2008 02:45 PM

Hey Big, we have had alot of luck in our vending events by pre cooking everything and sealing it up in food saver bags. All you have to do is drop them in hot water for about 20 minutes. It works great for Pulled pork, brisket and ribs. Once it's up to temp we drop it our hot table to hold until it sells. If you don't sell it just drop it in ice water to cool it back down and stick it back in the frezzer. This minimizes the waste and you always have hot product.

Hope this helps

barbefunkoramaque 11-09-2008 03:09 PM

I can't wait till Funkmaster West gets back from this little venture. I am ready to see some pics and positive vibes. Neil's food always looks so good.

Against The Grain 11-09-2008 03:33 PM

I know this is late. We usually fully cook meat, chill, then wrap in plastic food grade film or Cryovac the meat with jucies. You can reheat in both up to 200 without it melting the plastic.

Bigmista 11-09-2008 11:41 PM

I'm bushed. The weather was great. The crowd sucked. Brethren came out to support us. The other food vendors quit and left. We worked what little crowd there was. Fed the MC and the ands so they would talk about us on the mic. The promoter wouldn't take a commission from us and apologized for the crowd being so small.

We broke even. Pics are here. MrsMista is already passed out. I'm going to bed.