The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Throwdowns (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Discussion Thread -> "2013 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180632)

Moose 01-30-2014 08:38 PM

Discussion Thread -> "2013 Throwdown Grand Master Finale" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Attention 2013 Throwdown Master finalists Toast, fingerlickin' & Bluesman:

You thought this was going to be a simple vote, right?

Well think again!

You will have to earn the title of 2013 BBQ Brethren Throwdown Grand Master by cooking for it!

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1abc6fd8.jpg

Here is what we would like you to do:

Prepare a meal worthy of a TD Master using the following ingredients contained in 3 separate baskets:

Basket 1 - Protein
Pork ribs
Ribeye Steak
Chicken
Shrimp
Tofu

Basket 2 - Vegetables/Grains
Asparagus
Sweet Potatoes
Brussel Sprouts
Eggplant
Quinoa

Basket 3: Surprise Ingredients
Maple Syrup
Corn Flakes
Whole canned chipotles in adobo
Parmesan Cheese

You must use at least one item from Basket 1 and at least one item from Basket 2, and you must use all items in Basket 3.

You will be given two full weeks to plan and prepare your entry. Once you have a meal that you feel is worthy of a TD Master please post the details here.

Standard Throwdown rules will apply, so please make sure that your entry includes at least one grilled or smoked ingredient and please, please, please specify that your post is an official entry and which picture you want used for the voting thread.

The judges, your fellow Brethren, will be given one week to decide your fate.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/7 through Sunday 2/23.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 2/24

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

peeps 01-30-2014 08:50 PM

Nice! Well played...well played!!!!!

Happy Hapgood 01-30-2014 08:53 PM

Sounds good. What's a tofu and a chipotles in adobo? Can Crawdads count for shrimp? Farking special rules.

All kidding aside, I'm just Honored to be in on this one. We can work out the details later.

Thanks Ron L and Moose and all the Brethren.

Ron_L 01-30-2014 09:01 PM

Bwa ha ha ha ha! :twisted:

Al Czervik 01-30-2014 09:11 PM

What a fantastic idea... :thumb:

oifmarine2003 01-30-2014 09:16 PM

We should do more throwdowns in this format! I love it!

dadsr4 01-30-2014 09:51 PM

Reminds me of BBQ Pitmasters.

Moose 01-31-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadsr4 (Post 2786700)
Reminds me of BBQ Pitmasters.

Actually, "Chopped" served as the inspiration for this TD. Ron came up with the idea. I think... :thumb:

CharredApron 01-31-2014 12:45 AM

Great concept

Diesel Dave 01-31-2014 04:34 AM

Dang great idea Moose! :thumb:

Toast, I wonder what syrup you'll use :laugh:

fingerlickin' 01-31-2014 10:20 AM

I am looking forward to this for sure. It's quite an honor. Thanks to Ron and Moose for hooking it up. :thumb:

All of basket 3, huh. Who's bright idea was that one? At least it wasn't filled with seafood. :-D

deguerre 01-31-2014 10:22 AM

Does Toast do two entries? Seems only fair.

DUBBAGA 01-31-2014 10:27 AM

Since this is based on Chopped, make sure to claim the Ice Cream maker first!!

- oh, and don't use raw red onions if this guy is judging
http://stag.condenastdirect.com/gour...ott_conant.jpg

Will work for bbq 01-31-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oifmarine2003 (Post 2786653)
We should do more throwdowns in this format! I love it!

I can't think of a reason why a TD winner couldn't call something like this. Would make for some really interesting entries. :thumb:

Will work for bbq 01-31-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 2787234)
Does Toast do two entries? Seems only fair.

Or does he get to pick the ingredients for the other contestants. :heh: