More CVap ?s

EvieMae's

Reaction score
As a newbie, I keep trying to bump old CVap threads and am unable to. Please, if any of you pros are willing; what settings and how long are you holding briskets and butts? What kind of quality issues are you dealing with? Any major concerns when thinking about a 20 hour hold?

I completely understand if you are unwilling to share trade secrets, I am just hoping to save on some expensive, experimentation if at all possible.

I like to set our full size at 165 and plus 10. It will need to be refilled with water at least twice if you are holding that long.

I have heald 24 hours, when our walk in decided not to like me and it was fine.

I bought a half size and it was running hotter than what was represented on the board. That lead to some really soft ribs. So, just check your temps with an external thermo gauge.

I bought both of mine used for pretty good deals $700 for the full size and 400 for the half.

BEst of luck

I like to set our full size at 165 and plus 10. It will need to be refilled with water at least twice if you are holding that long.

I have heald 24 hours, when our walk in decided not to like me and it was fine.

I bought a half size and it was running hotter than what was represented on the board. That lead to some really soft ribs. So, just check your temps with an external thermo gauge.

I bought both of mine used for pretty good deals $700 for the full size and 400 for the half.

BEst of luck

Great information. Thank you, are you putting them in naked?

Back