Midi-Spice is on it's way

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's no secret that I have an affinity for Spicewine Smokers. It was difficult getting the Large Spicewine in and out of the trailer with less than 4 people so I decided to get the Large Medium model. The Large was one hell of a cooker and she will be missed. Wannabebbqueen was interested in my Large Spicewine so I sold it to Julie. I am excited to get the Large Medium Cooker. It is the perfect competition cooker for us and it will be powered by a stoker connected with a computer and some custom software.

Last edited:
Congrats, Guy. I'm looking forward to seeing pix.

Can you tell us any more about the custom Stoker software???

Sure. The software will do a few neat things that it does not do on it's own. The software will plot time vs temp for up to four meats, the software will speak the temps of the meats and cooker so you do not have to walk over to the cooker. The software will SMS your cell phone the meat and cooker temps at any chosen interval if your PC has an Aircard and it will include a smoker door open feature so you don't get temp spikes when opeing the door. If you have any other suggestions please pass them along so we can put them in the software. If enough people ask for it after it is tested we will give it away. No support though, I don't want people emailing me or PM'ing me like crazy.

Last edited:
I was just talking about your new Spicewine with Mrs Mafia.

I said to her, "I wonder when Guy is getting his new cooker".

I looking forward to the pics of the new toy.

Good luck and enjoy!

Guy,

The Large is one fine cooker and I experienced it at Dr. BBQ. Julie is one lucky lady.

Good luck to you with your new Spicewine!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

If enough people ask for it after it is tested we will give it away. No support though, I don't want people emailing me or PM'ing me like crazy.
You expect me to accpet the software for free but get no tech support????:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats on the Spicewine unit Guy.

I totally understand about the wrestling of anything anymore.

Is it going to be painted red like the others?

We need pics as well, again congrats on the new unit.

Large Medium, what are the specs? Courious minds want to know.

I have the approval from the Boss for a Spicewine, just dont know what size yet, its between the Lrg and Med, so this Lrg/med is a very interesting option.

Each rack on the standard Medium are 17 x 25 (425 sq. in).

The custom sized medium model racks that Phil & Guy have are either 23 x 23 or 25 x 25

Each large rack is 34 x 25 (850 sq. in) - Double wide from the standard medium.

Hope that helps.

guy, will your software work with the guru ?

Unfortunately Eric, no. There is no way for a computer to talk to a Guru. The Stoker has an ethernet port that I can connect to a computer.

Sledneck. I am giving away the source code so somebody can make changes if they want.

Unfortunately Eric, no. There is no way for a computer to talk to a Guru. The Stoker has an ethernet port that I can connect to a computer.

Sledneck. I am giving away the source code so somebody can make changes if they want.
Guy, i am really looking forward to the software becoming available. I am really into the all the cool stuff the stoker does. It is a lot of fun. Funny when people always ask why do we need stokers on cookers such as my WSM's that stay within temp for so long without any assistance. Its not the temp stability that i am after it is the more so being part of the experience of what is going on as well as be able to tinker with it.

Congrats.

And that stoker thing? That looks awesome. I'm definitely looking into one of those.

The large medium is considered a "Custom Smoker " and is the same price as the large at this time. Racks are 23 x 23. Look for an increase in the large price January 1, 2008.

Spice

The large medium is considered a "Custom Smoker " and is the same price as the large at this time. Racks are 23 x 23. Look for an increase in the large price January 1, 2008.

Spice

IMHO, Jays cookers are a bargin even with the price increase.

Spice

Awwww,man!

Back