Bigmista mentioned in LA Times

The first Q I tried was bludsos in compton. 4.95 for a pp sandwich is pretty good for california. The rest of their menu is pretty expensive. I suspect their prices will increase at least in their trendy new place. I guess some people were too uncomfortable driving to south central la so they had to open a new restaurant.

Kevin Bludso is a brethren even though he doesn't post much. He is a good friend and a great bbq cook. I am truly happy for his success. Did you guys see him on Triple D?

What's Triple D?

I've been to the Compton location and the Hollywood location. I'd prefer to go to the Compton one, but the one on LaBrea is right exactly on my home from work. And Neil's food is fanfarkingtastic - I'll go anywhere for that :hungry:. I was hoping Mista would come to the Culver City Farmer's Market, but it would be bad for my portion control!

L.A. farkers - I just wanna mention lcbateman3 (Lionel), who just moved out here from NC, will be doing a Carolina pig pickin' at my house July 20. Not an official Brethren Bash (that's in September), but everyone is welcome. I'll be putting up a post about it soon.

Ive been to Bludsos in Hollywood. I will definitely say its some of the best BBQ i've had. From the sides to the meat. We had the Tray which is a little(not little) of everything and all was great. Great staff that was friendly and well informed. Even took me back to show me around a little and look at the cooker. Nice folks, great BBQ.

Hey Mista. Is the cooker in the new Bludso's the Bewley you were asking about a while back?

ME
MY SON
"but the real story in barbecue in the last several years has been the gentrification of the genre: spareribs and long-smoked brisket repositioned as totems of the artisanal food movement. Before, barbecue's visionaries were the cranky old dudes poking logs at 4 a.m. At the moment, they tend to be youngish bearded guys"

Kevin Bludso is a brethren even though he doesn't post much. He is a good friend and a great bbq cook. I am truly happy for his success. Did you guys see him on Triple D?

No, was that the one from last week? I had it recorded but my wife accidentally erased it. Grrrrrrr.

Hey Mista. Is the cooker in the new Bludso's the Bewley you were asking about a while back?

Don't know. Haven't been to the new location. The old one is just on the other side of the freeway from my house.

It's finally going to happen! We're getting a...

Whoops!

Last edited:
Back