Meat sponsor.

MAP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a meat company that said they would like to sponsor us but being new to this whole game I don't know if it is a great deal or not.

CAB Brisket - $2.99 per LB
Pork Butts - $1.59 per LB
IBP 3.5-4.5 Spares - $1.99 per LB
Chicken Thighs - $1.10 per LB

Is this a good deal as a "sponsor"

Thanks
Mike

I have a meat company that said they would like to sponsor us but being new to this whole game I don't know if it is a great deal or not.

Thanks
Mike

That's similar to Rest. Depot pricing. You aren't getting an incredible deal but it's not bad. It also depends on how well you like their meat. No sponsorship is worth using product you don't like.

For my area (which is not yours), the Brisket price is really good. Everything else can be had cheaper.

Depends, what do they expect in return?

Just a small logo on our banner.
We showed them what exactly we are looking for in the meat as well like the Fat content, Money muscle, thickness of the flats, and the such and they are seperating the best for us. They are also wet ageing our brisket for us.

imo, If you like the meat and they are hand selecting it to your specifications, than it's a decent deal.

imo, If you like the meat and they are hand selecting it to your specifications, than it's a decent deal.

+1 - we work with a butcher that has similar pricing but they have the ability to get quality cuts to pick from and then we get to pick from the best for comp meat is a benefit that you can't rely on from RD or other places.

If you need something special for a side comp like anything butt or beef ribs, they can usually help out too.

It does seem a little high but if you are getting quality then I say it's worth it..like Aaron and Cameron said once you get it going good with them they will probably help out more..our guy has been great to us he has even given us free SRF briskets on occasion..in return from us we fill his store with nice hardware..it's a good relationship!

Right now I'm paying $2.48/lb for ribs, $2.68/lb for CAB brisket, $0.99-$1.09/lb for thighs and $1.58/lb for butts. No sponsorship deal, its what they charge everyone. I do get to look at everything they have and hand pick mine. They'd probably let anyone if they asked.

Our meat sponsor gives us cost plus ten percent. Works good as prices fluctuate.

You're paying big box retail pricing there. If they want to sponsor, they should step it up a little more...

Toad

Everything around me is at that price or even a little cheaper. Unless it is the most beautiful meat you have ever seen I don't think that is a great sponsor price.

That's not a "sponsor" price. That is probably a few points above or at their cost.
A sponsor should pay you for the opportunity to advertise on your banner, shirts, etc.

I rarely (if ever) pay more than the following anywhere I go in the country.
CAB Brisket - $3.29 per LB
Pork Butts - $1.69 per LB
Chicken Thighs - $1.25 per LB

and I don't have a meat sponsor.
Of course if their meat is of very high quality, and they are letting you get your pick of meat from their cold storage, then it may not be a bad deal, it's just not a great one.

Thanks
Mike

Just an FYI....I was just at Restaurant Depot and CAB Briskets were $2.78 lb for 50 LBs or less and $2.48 lb for 51 lbs or more.

the other side of this would be like what i do with a local shop.very small town,good friends with the owner and butcher.i fly his sign he helps with comp meat but also helps with any meat i buy for home use.we both win

Thanks guys. I will see if he can come off a little more.

Back