Pulled Chicken

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Too much great Pron to comment on individually but man they all looked great!!!

We don’t have chicken every Sunday like in the book and this weren’t your normal Sunday fried chicken dinner either and we didn’t have a preacher over, BUT we did have a nice supper. My pic of the plate doesn’t have enough light and since it’s focused on most of the pic but not on the right side I have to assume I need to clean my lense off. I used my versital little tailgater to grill 3 honkin big bresticles for a little while before sliding the water / sand pan in and putting them in a halve pan with a little apple juice and covered with foil. I had about a half dozen wings in there too (no pan for them) and there is one on the plate but you can’t see it real good. The boss knows how to take the cast iron bread pan and rub it with Crisco to keep them little sticks from sticken. If it was me I would have wallered around some veg oil after the pan was hot and they would have stuck anyway and I’d be mad and have to pour the rest of the batter in a regular pan just like last time. We just got one of them little pans that makes about 5 at a time but they cook in less than half the time a full pan does so she just kept cooking till the batter was all gone. She had a whole bunch of turnip greens so she cold packed about 3 quarts in addition to the big pot we had for supper. The black eyed peas was made from dried and man how do I love them babies with greens and cornbread. We had Bob Gibson’s white sauce on the bird meat. I can’t wait to hit it all again tonight.

IMG_4969.jpg

IMG_4970.jpg

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4974.jpg

Back