• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

iPad based register/POS system

luke duke

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a BBQ business? Shop Keep seems like it could work, but I've never actually used it.

In the spring of this year I did alot of research and due to the high cost of a real pos system, the ones offered for around 1,000 just seemed okay, the real number was around 3,000. If your volumn is big then it can be justified. Look at NCR register system however that was cloud based and it seemed good, however I refuse to store my info on a "cloud"
So, I went to a better register that can download the info and the buttons are easily programed for updated prices. I have the square, pay-pal and micro soft card readers so you can accept cards.
pos is a little faster however I have the buttons simple and prices are tax included ex: pulled pork 7 brisket 8, combo 12

Shop Keep works great! Reporting in Shop Keep is not the greatest, meaning that you it does not offer a balance sheet, P&L, etc... However, it is great for basic POS.

In the spring of this year I did alot of research and due to the high cost of a real pos system, the ones offered for around 1,000 just seemed okay, the real number was around 3,000. If your volumn is big then it can be justified. Look at NCR register system however that was cloud based and it seemed good, however I refuse to store my info on a "cloud"
So, I went to a better register that can download the info and the buttons are easily programed for updated prices. I have the square, pay-pal and micro soft card readers so you can accept cards.
pos is a little faster however I have the buttons simple and prices are tax included ex: pulled pork 7 brisket 8, combo 12

Why do you have the three card readers? I'm researching this as well and would like to know anyones experience. I'm leaning toward the Square Stand for Ipad. Thanks

I've been using Square at a local farmers market and I really wish there was a way to sell something by the pound. Right now I have my prices programed into the scale so I'm good but I'd really like to tally how many #'s I sold vs what I cooked.

Back