The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Podaddy's Funk Soldiers Canteen - The MKT Cheeseburger (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191967)

Pitmaster T 06-22-2014 07:56 PM

Podaddy's Funk Soldiers Canteen - The MKT Cheeseburger

Practice for the HD shoot tomorrow to see if I still had the skills.

You will note there is a principle to even just the way I make the basic burger, ice cream scoop size 80/20 then rolled into meatballs. No salt - no nuthing. And do not compress. I used a infrared therm (Harbor Freight 35) to tune in my temps on my griddle... 450 on one side, 350 on other. But for y'all, ... 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

I use melted butter 2 parts butter to one part oil (olive is good).

My custom burger press is packed away somewhere so as you can see I immediately cover with a wax paper sheet and compress. Peel off the paper and sprinkle on your seasonings. I like to accentuate the beefiness and NOT take away the beef flavor so I mix kosher salt (course grained), medium mesh pepper, granulated garlic and onion, a small bit seasoning salt or .................................................. ....................beef gravy mix (just a dusting).

You see the patties cook like a pancake... drawing that flavor in. Oddly enough it may LOOK too thin.

I then scrap it off the griddle at a 45 degree angle. YOU NEED A TURNER FOR THIS AND THE ARMY SUPPLIED TURNER IS NOT UP TO THE TASK.

Flip it, no need to re-season... and in the case of the cheese burger, place a handful of coarse graded sharp cheddar cheese right on the burger with an ice cube or two and cover with your turkey roaster lid. I often put the bun on to steam.

Scrape up the cheese and serve. Many eat the skirt (its crunchy) or they fold it in the burger.

Boshizzle 06-22-2014 08:02 PM

Cheburger, cheburger, cheburger, indeed! Nice!

Q Junkie 06-22-2014 08:05 PM

Oh yea, I'm down for the crispy cheese skirt burger.
There is something about semi burnt cheddar and beef.:clap2:

Pitmaster T 06-22-2014 08:09 PM

Hmmmm I wonder............................................

Pitmaster T 06-22-2014 08:15 PM

Butter griddle - 6 ounces of pulled pork - 1 ounce of vinegar sauce 0 or shack attack....sizzle, flip, another ounce of shack attack, cheese, Bun over that - cover to steam bun, heat pork and crisp up the skirt... uncover, peel off, put on other half of bun..... maybe a sauce over that too?

Pitmaster T 06-22-2014 08:30 PM

Hmmmmmm Butter Griddle, some pre-steamed Onions, peppers, another plop of pulled pork....add vinegar sauce to pork...........over in the corner a cold slice of fattie getting its heat on. SPLASH... one cup of precooked noodles, some oil.... mix in onions and peppers, mix, mix, sauce, mix, mix, sauce, flip fattie - mix spaghetts Steam cover.......

pull cover, mix, sauce, mix, sauce mix, lay down noodles and veggies in bowl, top with pulled pork, sauce with hit me fred again... add fattie slice and get dey money!

Cosmic slop.

Boshizzle 06-22-2014 08:34 PM

I've already had dinner! Stop it, you are making me hungry!

Pitmaster T 06-22-2014 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
fiddling with banners.... these skirt the bottom on the rig.

This one is general

Attachment 98276

This one needs some work on a few other things to add... but I do not want to be cornered into having something specific....

Attachment 98277

I need to adjust these before I go further.... the length of the trailer is 15 by 12.8 unfolded. So one could be two pieces, each 2.5 feet down.. but 7.5 feet long ...............or so.... depending on what they offer them in. I will set my own brass. weights on bottom. These are 6 feet so thats no good but I like the colors and they match my rig.

Bludawg 06-22-2014 09:10 PM

Do that Funky Burger right boy!