Non Pork / Chicken BBQ Ideas?

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well I am done vending for a few months but still want to do some cooking for the 4th.

Anyone who does much vending can relate to me, and guess I do not care to even smell Pulled Pork, Ribs or Chicken right now.

I have been calling around and having no luck finding a brisket (have not given up yet)

But what other ideas can you give a BBQ Brethern who is burnt out on pork and chicken.

Chuck roll, Ham, Turkey, Dino bones, Prime Rib roast, Sausage, Bison, or the American Favorite weinees & burgers.

A low country boil is fun and easy to do. I start with a large stock pot. Fill half way with water. Bring to a boil, add Old Bay seasoning to your taste, add potatoes, I use b-reds. Cook for 5 minutes, add corn on the cob. Cook until the potatoes are tender. Turn burner off, add shrimp and sausage. Cover and let stand for 3 minutes. Cover a picnic table with butcher paper and dish out with a strainer onto paper and did in.

Add as much as you want of each ingredient.

Thanks guys, I keep seeing Beef Ribs at Sams, I want to try them but at that cost, I want to make sure I know how to cook them.

I guess I need to add, I am not a fan of seafood. Getting some ideas though.

If I can't find a Brisket may do beef ribs or buy a ribeye roast, cut a few 1" steaks then cook a prime rib from the rest.

Yes! to the prime rib for sure, but I'd say a real good chuck roast is right up there too!

KC

Smoked turkey always provides a nice change of pace for me.

You cant go wrong with a leg or shoulder of lamb. Take a thin knife (Boning or veg) and make deep but not wide incisions spread out across the leg. fill the holes with whole cloves of garlic (should be a tight fit and holes deep enough so you cant see them once in) and push rosemary stalks in other holes evenly. a little oil and lots of salt and pepper to rub in and cook to how you like it ( rare, medium, well done )

Serve with fresh made tzatsiki and your favourite vegies.

I promise it will tickle your taste buds in a whole different and fresh way.

I wouldn't smoke lamb personally, just don't think it works

If you don't know how to make tzatsiki message me and Ill give you recipe.

when all else fails grab a thick cut rib-eye some twice baked potatoes ....how can that be wrong..... just saying

Another option instead of ribeye, would be smoke a whole NY Strip.

Back