Need help with injection recipe?

sfbbqguy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Somehow I got conned into cooking another turkey for my son's pre-school feast tomorrow morning and have no time to brine.

Any help with injection recipe and any hints on injecting would be MUCH appreciated?

I've brined some birds but never injected.

check our recipe section for my herbal brine. Been using it for years.. ntohing but butter, herbs, and apple juice. Inject all over in a hatch pattern.

THANKS! I'll try to find it...you're the best.

Do I have to worry about too many holes?

Inject evenly every few inches vertically and horizontally.

Don't stress it... if you're feeding pre-schoolers.. they probably won't be too picky !!!

Good Luck !!

Last edited:
Thanks MS...it's the parents I'm worried about...they're comming too! :shock:

Got the herbal recipe! That'll work just fine. I may even post some pron.

I feel blessed...got some serious advice from the Pooobah himself!

Also when you inject; push needle all the way in release some of the fluid, pull back change angle of needle and inject (other words stay in same hole and move the needle left, right, up, down) Plus pull on the skin and keep tension on skin when you pull out the needle let go of skin and it'll help cover the hole.
Called a Z track, I used to be a medic in the Army and gave shots all the time.

Also when you inject; push needle all the way in release some of the fluid, pull back change angle of needle and inject (other words stay in same hole and move the needle left, right, up, down) Plus pull on the skin and keep tension on skin when you pull out the needle let go of skin and it'll help cover the hole.
Called a Z track, I used to be a medic in the Army and gave shots all the time.

good advice.. i apologize saying use the hatch pattern(thats for brisket). On birds, i do 1-2 holes horizontally then a few vertically, pulling out a little and going back in at a different angle. one entry hole will distribute all over internally by moving the needle and changing the angle.

This is HUGE help! Thanks a bazillion! Like the Z-Track thing.

Back