Blue hogs bbq sauce

YourBehindBBQ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
hey guys i am wondering if anyone can help me out with different ingredients you use to add to the blue hogs sauce (if they use it) i have been using different things but it just don't taste to good to me. i know a lot of it is a secret but a little help would be great thanks.

We add a little cider vinegar and honey when we used it. We stopped using it because everyone uses it now and we want to set our selves apart. It has not hurt us but has not helped either. We are still looking for the right sauce/glaze other than blues hog.

Last year we used BH original right out of the bottle for ribs and pork. For the next contest, i'm going 2/3 bh and 1/3 Meat Mitch Naked

try it the other way around..

we use BH as an ingredient to other sauces to knock em up a bit. Find a sauce you like and add BH to it. For catering, I add a little BH to cheapo BBQ sauce like cattlemans, KC masterpiece or grillsblazin and folks love it..

+1 above; this is what I've done and it definitely enhances our sauce but I'm not sure you'd say "Hey, there's Blues Hog in this".

try it the other way around..

we use BH as an ingredient to other sauces to knock em up a bit. Find a sauce you like and add BH to it. For catering, I add a little BH to cheapo BBQ sauce like cattlemans, KC masterpiece or grillsblazin and folks love it..

also started doing this!:thumb:

We should have swapped samples at Westmont. I'm glad you've been getting those Indiana judges used to it for us!

We add a little cider vinegar and honey when we used it. We stopped using it because everyone uses it now and we want to set our selves apart. It has not hurt us but has not helped either. We are still looking for the right sauce/glaze other than blues hog.

That's kind of my line of thought. The way I see it, is if you have seen it on Pitmasters, then a whole lot of people are doing it, and you need to do something different to get ahead. Now, coming up with the "something different" is the trick.....

Back