Shenandoah Valley BBQ Fest - People's Choice?

sdbbq1234

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So, I just got the comp form for the Shenandoah Valley BBQ Fest - 2013 event.

The People's Choice contest this year shows that entries need to have at least 50lbs of food to be eligible!

A first I wondered, is that raw meat or cooked meat weight? But then, it would not matter to me as there ain't no way I could be a part of this.

Wish we still had the Meadow Creek TS250, but, again, I have enough troubles just trying to get food for the comp let alone an extra 50lbs.

wallace

Here is how you do it. Buy 3 18lb Kobe briskets and 8 whole free range, makes a hippy happy chickens. Also enough beer for 100 people. Buy a 250 lb Berkshire show pig. Spend two weeks feeding the drunk pig the chickens and the briskets ( I would freeze them first).

Cook up the pig and serve him up for PC. Collect your third place trophy and the $50 prize.

The bonus is that when your wife kicks you out and takes your name off the bank account.... the seven small Starbucks coffees that your $50 buys will magically be 14 even smaller coffees when you drink them from the only dish you own, yes the trophy. Well unless they only pay two places then there is no coffee.

That is a lot. I'm with you in that I'd rather focus on my main turn in meat.

It said you could serve anything; chicken, pork, ribs and brisket or any combination.

Still, that is a LOT of food.

Yep, I'll focus on main 4 catagories.

wallace

I believe they have bumped their head. You should ask them for some up front $.

Back