Any "Real" Value In An Older Late 80's WSM?

Fishawn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have a "most likely" late 80's 18.5" WSM with aluminum door, that has no codes of any kind stamped on any vents, doors, handles, feet, etc..... It has the original wood handles..... I do however have the original owners manual that came with it, with warranty card attached, & receipt with date of purchase.... It has a cover, which I got with it when I bought it, that has Green & White stipes & looks nothing like the current WSM covers, but it came with it, so I dunno.... Date of sales receipt is 08-15-90 from a local hardware store..... It has been used 1x & is in fantastic condition for a unit of this age, though has a small dent on the aluminum door..... Is this worth anything less/more, than say an 18.5" that is a year or 5 old.... I am trying to clean out my storage shed & patio area for a renovation & unfortunately, some Webers must find new homes.... Keeping the 22.5" WSM & another 18.5" WSM has gotta go also :doh:.... Am looking into an Egg or Primo for cold weather cooking?

ss072911015.jpg

ss072911013.jpg

ss072911014.jpg

ss072911010.jpg

ss072911011.jpg

ss072911012.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Sure wish I lived closer to you, that looks great. I love the reciept! Your like me I keep way to much stuff. Sure would like to have that machine!

Well Fish, if it helps I bought a WSM of nearly the same vintage and condition and I spent $150 on it.
So it's really not worth more.
Hope that helps.

Well, you can definitely get what you paid for it! Not sure how much of a "collector's" market there is for WSMs, great smokers, but I don't know if certain years command higher prices.

its kinda collectable but you will still be in the $150-$175 region. course there is always someone out there that just needs that one.

Back