Where to buy smoking wood near Oklahoma City?

The Smoke

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm looking for somewhere besides the big home stores to buy larger quantities of wood for smoking. Preferably smaller splits of stuff like pecan and hopefully some kind of apple or cherry. Anyone know how to buy that stuff in more bulk rather than $12/bag by $12/bag. That gets old after a while when you are addicted to firing up your smoker.

Thanks in advance for any leads!!

I've seen lots of folks advertise smoking wood in the OKC Craig's List.

Check the phone book for firewood dealers. Ask for oak. Hickoory may be available too down there. If you like mesquite, try the railroad for diesel soaked rail ties. Same flavor.

Talk to ranchers in the area, and see if there are any downed trees on their property that they would like cleared. My dad and I used to clear cut Mesquite on Ranchers property for free, and we burned it in our fireplace. And...unlike some folks, I LIKE the taste of mesquite smoked meat....

SteveT

Check the phone book for firewood dealers. Ask for oak. Hickoory may be available too down there. If you like mesquite, try the railroad for diesel soaked rail ties. Same flavor.

This made me laugh for sure! I like the taste though..........

Thanks everyone for these ideas. I'll check out these resources and start asking around.

I'm hoping to find some of the lighter fruit woods too.

I've never smoked with Oak. What is it like? So far, I have used pecan, apple, cherry and a bit of hickory.

Thanks everyone for these ideas. I'll check out these resources and start asking around.

I'm hoping to find some of the lighter fruit woods too.

I've never smoked with Oak. What is it like? So far, I have used pecan, apple, cherry and a bit of hickory.

When you think beef, think oak. They really compliment each other. Post Oak if you can find it.

You can always call a good wood place, like Smoke Me BBQ Wood at 913-538-6031. Good people, good products. They'll have what you want to use. Steve.

Back