• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Check my #'s please

bproffer

Take a breath!
Reaction score
We are doing an event for 110-125 people. We will be serving tri-tip and chicken and 3 sides. I am thinking about 45 lbs of tri-tip and 125 pieces of chicken. The split of chicken I am thinking 25% legs, 50% thighs, 25% breasts.

Sides will be broccoli salad, baked beans and roasted potatoes and dinner rolls. I am thinking about 3.5oz-4oz per serving per side. Does this seem about right for the amount of sides? Everything will be served buffet style, no servers.

Sound about right?

I don't do well with "pieces" of chicken. Are you thinking around 60lbs? I don't care for legs unless I'm feeding kids but that's just my preference.

You say buffet style. Is the meat self serve? With 3 sides and rolls, I think your figuring to much meat but, I can't say without all the facts in terms I deal with.

You have to be very careful when "self serve" is involved with the meat portion. The first 3 dozen people could wipe you out of tri tip, everyone else eats chicken.
We did a wedding for 350, we cooked 110 pound of tri tip, and 180 boneless-skinless (brides request) chicken breasts, cut in half. Everything worked out well, but we did have a lot of left over tri tip as the servers (her hire) were very skimpy with the tri tip. But all in all, it was good.
I agree with the leg part, leave them for another time.

Last edited:
Back