The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   For the Board (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Agenda for July 14 meeting has been posted (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88534)

Ford 07-14-2010 08:03 AM

Agenda for July 14 meeting has been posted

http://www.kcbs.us/news.php?id=258

All I can say is it's going to be fun. Some highlights:

Motion 4
I propose that Kansas City Barbeque Society not assume the role of organizer of any contest, post prize money, guarantee prize money, provide a certificate of insurance in order to comply with any sanctioning agreement, and not compete with existing organizers and promoters, but only provide sanctioning of contest and provide support services to organizers and promoters.

Action item
A review of the production of documents provided as a result of the request by a member and officer of the Board of directors, for a review of the transactions with the Louisiana Tailgating Festival. I would ask the board to determine if there exist any conflicts of interest 2. Has KCBS taken on the role of partner and organizer? 3. has KCBS provide staff and personal to the event to organize, 4 has any member of the Board of Directors taken on the role of a promoter or organizer and 5. Possible action to void any unauthorized transactions.
A review of the role of Kansas City Barbeque Society taking on the role of organizer for contests, by the society or members of the Board of Directors, discussion of why this was revealed to the Board, and possible action to set aside any unauthorized transactions.

Discussion and potential vote regarding declaration of Rules Committee Board Chair’s, clarification on BBQ Brethren that heat lamps used in preparation of boxes are illegal. Reps will need a definition of heat lamp.

Comments/questions

1. On our web sitewe sell the book for $22.99/ $24.99 and then today an e-blast has the book for $15.05. What’s up

2. Who authorized this e-blast?

3. How are the book sells going?

4. What are our profits?

5. Why the link to Amazon and not Sam’s

Mike Lake – Discussion of response to Cease and Desist letter for infringement of KCBS proprietary property.

lunchlady 07-14-2010 08:17 AM

'Fun' would not be the word I'd use...

Smokedelic 07-14-2010 08:42 AM

This is from the Marketing Committee section of the agenda....:confused:
Quote:

Working with KCBS office and Sam’s Club on the MidWest City BBQ Bash, the first on-site event at a Sam’s Club (Aug 20/21). This will be an invitational to the top 50 teams as of June 30, 2010; but only the first 25 to enter and pay are going to be accepted.
BTW, isn't the agenda supposed to be posted 48 hrs. in advance?

Ford 07-14-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokedelic (Post 1336723)
BTW, isn't the agenda supposed to be posted 48 hrs. in advance?

Yes - I'm sure the Secretary sent it out Sunday night or Monday morning for approval as usual. Might want to ask the President and Exec Director why it took so long to approve for posting. I'm sure it's not because of some of the items on the agenda.

BogsBBQ 07-14-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunchlady (Post 1336707)
'Fun' would not be the word I'd use...

I second that notion.

Scottie 07-20-2010 09:58 AM

Podcast is available.

ThomEmery 07-21-2010 08:33 AM

It wasn't too exciting

Ford 07-25-2010 05:39 AM

Amazing how one statement by the President can change a whole meeting.

ThomEmery 07-25-2010 08:40 AM

LOL thats life :)
"Missouri law states you must"