The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Competition BBQ (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Contest Announcment VOA BBQ BASH West Chester, OH (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152315)

KJ's BBQ 01-25-2013 11:25 AM

VOA BBQ BASH West Chester, OH

The first annual Buckeye State BBQ Championship will take place May 17-18 in West Chester, OH. This event is sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society and is a qualifying event for the Ohio Triple Crown and Jack Daniel’s World BBQ Championship.

This annual charitable event features great food, great music and great fun for the whole family. The Cincinnati Blues Society will be providing a great lineup of blues music throughout the day. There is also a Kids Zone that will provide Inflatable rides, Radio Disney performers from Indianapolis, a petting zoo from Kentucky, face-painters and more. Some of the other activities include many family-oriented activities which include VOA museum tours, a charity motorcycle ride, a vintage car display, karaoke competitions, chainsaw carving, cooking demos, etc.

The prize purse is 7000.00 and the payouts are as follows,

Grand Champion * *****2000
Reserve Champion ****1000

For each category (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket) the prizes total 1000
1st * * 300
2nd * *250
3rd * * 200
4th * * 150
5th * * 100

Want to become a certified judge? There is also a judging certification class on March 9th. To learn more about the VOA BBQ Bash and get official registration forms please visit the link below.

http://www.voabbqbash.org

We hope to see you there!

The Pigman 01-26-2013 01:50 PM

Good luck on 1st time out

EatonHoggBBQ 01-26-2013 01:57 PM

We'll be there, it's going to be a great event. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Big Mike 01-26-2013 01:58 PM

Sounds like a lot to see and do. Maybe will see you there.

KJ's BBQ 01-29-2013 08:00 AM

Good luck on 1st time out.
Thanks Pigman. I'm working closely with the organizers to make sure they take care of the teams. They are very receptive and want to make sure they put on a great contest that goes on for years to come. There will be water, electric, ice and working on breakfast for the teams. And best of all we finally have a competition in Cincinnati!

We'll be there, it's going to be a great event.
Thanks for coming. You're right its going to be a great event!

Big Mike we are right down the road from Dayton. 30-40 minutes? Love to have you come down and compete. GO BIG BLUE!

Dragline 01-29-2013 08:14 AM

It is a State Championship correct?

Dragline 01-29-2013 08:16 AM

Reason for asking on KCBS site it's not listed as a State Championship.

KJ's BBQ 01-29-2013 08:22 AM

It's a State Championship and qualifies for the Jack. Its also part of the Ohio Triple Crown.

dmax35 01-29-2013 02:29 PM

Wow!! Great event for Ohio. Glad to see competition BBQ growing in the Buckeye State. Looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ's BBQ (Post 2341467)
The first annual Buckeye State BBQ Championship will take place May 17-18 in West Chester, OH. This event is sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society and is a qualifying event for the Ohio Triple Crown and Jack Daniel’s World BBQ Championship.

This annual charitable event features great food, great music and great fun for the whole family. The Cincinnati Blues Society will be providing a great lineup of blues music throughout the day. There is also a Kids Zone that will provide Inflatable rides, Radio Disney performers from Indianapolis, a petting zoo from Kentucky, face-painters and more. Some of the other activities include many family-oriented activities which include VOA museum tours, a charity motorcycle ride, a vintage car display, karaoke competitions, chainsaw carving, cooking demos, etc.

The prize purse is 7000.00 and the payouts are as follows,

Grand Champion * *****2000
Reserve Champion ****1000

For each category (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket) the prizes total 1000
1st * * 300
2nd * *250
3rd * * 200
4th * * 150
5th * * 100

Want to become a certified judge? There is also a judging certification class on March 9th. To learn more about the VOA BBQ Bash and get official registration forms please visit the link below.

http://www.voabbqbash.org

We hope to see you there!

Gotcha929 01-30-2013 09:04 AM

I know I can't wait. This will be my first comp. Hey KJ your just right down the street from me...I am in Batavia

KJ's BBQ 01-30-2013 12:01 PM

Gotcha, Congrats on your first comp! Now the bad news, you will be hooked and wanting to do every contest in a 5 state area and pretty soon you will be thinking California is not that far of a drive.:grin: If you need any help preparing for the comp let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Gotcha929 01-30-2013 06:50 PM

I have been wanting to compete for the last 2 years. This will be my first comp but planning to do quite a few. Already thinking Cali isn't too far of a drive. Have actually been looking at a few comps out there as well. I might take you up on that offer though any help before my first comp would be very much appreciated. I know this weekend I am going to start doing practice runs and trying to get all my timing down.

Buckeye BBQ Guy 02-04-2013 09:31 AM

2013 Buckeye State BBQ Championship

Hope you can join us Pigman! If you want to register visit our website at www.voabbqbash.org.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pigman (Post 2342807)
Good luck on 1st time out

Buckeye BBQ Guy 02-04-2013 09:32 AM

Can't wait to get your registration form!!! Looking forward to meeting you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatonHoggBBQ (Post 2342812)
We'll be there, it's going to be a great event. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Buckeye BBQ Guy 02-04-2013 09:34 AM

Hope you can compete Big Mike!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Mike (Post 2342814)