The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I Pooped, I Cooked, I Ate. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57575)

BBQchef33 03-01-2009 12:34 AM

I Pooped, I Cooked, I Ate.

In the past week, (beginning last saturday) I have cooked every day on my new(to me) pellet poopin pit. Sat, Sun, and Tues, we did 2 separate sessions the other days was one session.

4 Roasters(Big yard Birds).
11 racks of Ribs
14 keilbasa
2 packages of Sausage
4 Pork Tenderloins
3 Pork loins
1 Butt
2 family packs of wings
36 thighs
6 Shell steaks(NY Strips)
2 flank Steaks
2 Brisket Flats
1 Pastrami

Thats just one weeks worth of cooking... there is NO room left in either of my fridges, and even my neighbors are getting a little smoked out. I WILL learn this pit.. Lesson #1. Pellet cookers DO have a learning curve.

So, yes ladies, Im cookin with pellets this week.. . 12-13, maybe 14 cooking sessions towards getting the hang of this thing. The FE-100 is truly a cooking machine.... I will admit.. the foods getting better, and its nice to go outside, push a couple of buttons, then come back in from the cold. But.. but... well.... lets just say for now.......but............. :twisted::cool:

So.. i cook on it, I eat from it..Im learning it.. I push the button, I go in the house and I go back out hours later to a cooked rack, or finished roast. Willie was here today and we kept finding ourselves going outside and stirring the hopper. And staring at the big silver box. I guess in Pelletville, that's tending the fire. But....But...Well.. .But... :rolleyes:

All I will say that if you put chunks of Hickory or Cherry in the fire pot, you get a better smoke ring. :mrgreen: yes it DID happen.. willies a witness and I took pics but cant get the damn phone to talk to the computer!

ya think if i split the chunks into small logs, will that make my pooper a stick burner? Stay tuned, this thread will be the Stickburners Guide to the Dark side.

Plowboy 03-01-2009 12:40 AM

You've come a long way, Baby!

BBQchef33 03-01-2009 12:44 AM

Lets just say I'm circling the prey.

Plowboy 03-01-2009 12:48 AM

Gonna put a pellet hopper on a Jambo like Candy Weaver of BBQer's Delight? :wink:

BBQchef33 03-01-2009 12:54 AM

uh..yeah.. I got a note from Candy yesterday. Cats out of the bag.

swamprb 03-01-2009 01:36 AM

And to think all this time I've been scratching my head hoping you would show off your Custom Super Medium STICKBURNING Spicewine w/Stoker! POOP ON Phil!!

BBQchef33 03-01-2009 02:27 AM

holy chit..Brisket for Breakfast! On the way to bed, I went to put away the brisket that's been resting in the oven. It was a short 6lb flat that i took to 185, put in a covered pan and let rest in a warmed(but turned off oven for 3 hours).

of course i had to sample it before bed...

tiny little, may 1/8 inch smoke ring. Cooked the brisket at 160 for 2 hours, then up to 255 for the duration. took about 6.5 hours. But the taste was excellent.. super tender, not overcooked(crumbly) and extremely juicy.. some nice smoke too..

probably from the wood chunks I put in the fire pot. :)

Nothing like going to bed with a belly full of brisket and greasy smokey smelling hands.

Vince RnQ 03-01-2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 865995)
Nothing like going to bed with a belly full of brisket and greasy smokey smelling hands.

That's what I call living the good life.

nthole 03-01-2009 08:14 AM

Poobah now a pellet pooper...say ain't so :wink:.

River City Smokehouse 03-01-2009 08:23 AM

Welcome to the other side Phil. I know you'll enjoy your stay. Yesterday I put a 15 lb packer on at 11 am and then my son and I took off and ran errands the rest of the afternoon. I never opened the pit door til 10:30 last night. It will sure spoil a fella.:mrgreen:

Midnight Smoke 03-01-2009 08:52 AM

The older one gets the easier they want it! :wink: That is a ton of food! Sounds like a Pellet Pooper would be a nice addition to my family.

bbqbull 03-01-2009 09:04 AM

Poop on Poobah....poop on!

SmokeInDaEye 03-01-2009 09:35 AM

The apocalypse has begun.

BigAl 03-01-2009 09:39 AM

2009 is now truly a historic year, first, Obama is President and now the great Grand PooBah has and is using a Pooping Q'er :shock::shock::shock::!:

Yep, 2009 is the year of change, wonder what is next :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Almost afraid to go to bed, you just never know :icon_sleepy:roll::rolleyes: what the morning brings:?:

Trucky1008 03-01-2009 09:39 AM

Pellet Pooping Poobah! Once you go pellets you never go back! :biggrin: