The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ***SouthDakotaBBQ Rapid City Mentee*** Confused (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71293)

SouthDakotaBBQ 10-22-2009 06:50 PM

***SouthDakotaBBQ Rapid City Mentee*** Confused

Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps. Where the confusion comes in is I don't see any forum posts here other than this main "instructions" post. What am I missing? Anyway I would love to become a Mentee and am willing to travel 5-6 hours from Rapid City to join in a cook. I am good at taking direction, not scared of some work and can be somewhat flexable. I know we have a few comps here in the state and there is always the Sioux Falls Blues festival every year. Interested please PM me. I would like to get a team going or fill a spot on a team and hit a few comps in 2010. I am ready to get this moving. I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all.:biggrin:

BBQ-Panda - SouthDakotaBBQ

Rich Parker 10-24-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBBQ (Post 1064197)
Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps. Where the confusion comes in is I don't see any forum posts here other than this main "instructions" post. What am I missing? Anyway I would love to become a Mentee and am willing to travel 5-6 hours from Rapid City to join in a cook. I am good at taking direction, not scared of some work and can be somewhat flexable. I know we have a few comps here in the state and there is always the Sioux Falls Blues festival every year. Interested please PM me. I would like to get a team going or fill a spot on a team and hit a few comps in 2010. I am ready to get this moving. I look forward to spending more time here and getting to know you all.:biggrin:

BBQ-Panda - SouthDakotaBBQ

On the bottom left of the screen is a dropdown list box that you need to change from "Last Day" to "Beginning" and you will see some posts.

Good luck!

SouthDakotaBBQ 10-24-2009 02:56 PM

Gottcha

Thank You

BBQ_Mayor 10-24-2009 03:18 PM

Welcome to the forum. If we are every cooking closer to ya, your more than welcome to come join in.

SouthDakotaBBQ 10-25-2009 11:16 AM

Sounds good

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQ_Mayor (Post 1065812)
Welcome to the forum. If we are every cooking closer to ya, your more than welcome to come join in.

Let me know when I can help. I am up for a bit of travel but would like to keep the trip to 3-4 days total if possible.

txschutte 12-23-2009 09:33 PM

There is the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte NE in May. State Championship and a couple of Brethren go each year. Drop me a PM if you want to join in this year. Divemaster will be there as well as myself.

FatBoyz 01-04-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txschutte (Post 1123228)
There is the Honky Tonk BBQ in North Platte NE in May. State Championship and a couple of Brethren go each year. Drop me a PM if you want to join in this year. Divemaster will be there as well as myself.

im not invited fine ill go to my room now

Gerrit_Boys 02-15-2010 10:59 PM

If you're interested in getting into comp. BBQ there is a BBQ Judging class in Huron, SD on Saturday March 13th. I took a similar class before my first contest and I think it helped alot.