The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   My First Try at Pig Candy (heavy pron) (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122629)

southernstyle 12-22-2011 07:49 AM

nice! im going to try my hand at this on saturday.

J_Don 12-22-2011 07:54 AM

Wow, when I first started reading this post I thought to myself, this isn't Pig Candy but I'm glad I kept reading. Now I have to do a search for curt's post and check it out too. I will definitely have to try this version out. Thank you for the post and pron and many thanks to you and your son for his service. It is definitely appreciated. I wish him Gods Speed especially if he has to go back for another tour. :thumb:

deguerre 12-22-2011 09:41 AM

Beautiful! You're giving your son some great memories to cherish while he's deployed. God bless and God speed.

tish 12-22-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phrasty (Post 1888068)
Fixed the images for you... Have to make sure you paste the link with the image insertion link (make sure it's "[IMG]" instead of [URL]

It all looks awesome Tish! :thumb:

Cheers

Thanks, Phrasty! I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I've been cooking practically non-stop for my son since he got here, and by the time I went to post, I was so tired I didn't know what I was doing! lol Thanks for fixing it for me!! :thumb:

tish 12-22-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubshaft (Post 1888071)
Looks great and prolly tastes even better. I usually just sprinkle HDD and brown sugar on the bacon, so I gotta try and incorporate the egg whites into it.

Thanks, stubshaft! It was amazing. I didn't think I was going to like it, but I was shocked at just how much I DID like it! And Michael... well, let's just say he disappeared into his room with the plate! :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Militant83 (Post 1888097)
Looks good

Thanks! It was!! :becky:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaChief (Post 1888109)
Outstanding...now you are hooked. It's very addictive!!

Oh, yeah! lol I've always liked bacon, but this takes things to another dimension I didn't know existed. Yeah, I'm hooked!! :shock:

tish 12-22-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernstyle (Post 1888139)
nice! im going to try my hand at this on saturday.

If you have a copper or stainless bowl, the egg white peaks will be higher, and the whole mixture will be lighter. You might end up using an extra egg white or two then. I think my mix went further because it wasn't so light and airy. But the finished product seemed to be the same from what I can see. I mean, I didn't taste Curt's, but this was good too. Good luck on Saturday!! :wink:

tish 12-22-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Don (Post 1888147)
Wow, when I first started reading this post I thought to myself, this isn't Pig Candy but I'm glad I kept reading. Now I have to do a search for curt's post and check it out too. I will definitely have to try this version out. Thank you for the post and pron and many thanks to you and your son for his service. It is definitely appreciated. I wish him Gods Speed especially if he has to go back for another tour. :thumb:

I know what you mean, Don! I have to go and search for the other way of doing pig candy. I know this method is different, but I'm not even sure what the other way is! I think it's maple syrup? lol I'll have to try the other way and see which I like best, but this way was good. :thumb:

Thank Phrasty for the pron. I messed that up royally, but he straightened it all out for me. :doh:

Thanks. I'll pass your words on to Michael. He does go back to Afghanistan in February. I'm praying the year goes quickly. :wink:

tish 12-22-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deguerre (Post 1888230)
Beautiful! You're giving your son some great memories to cherish while he's deployed. God bless and God speed.

Thanks, Guerry! When he got home this time, he told me that sometimes while he was in A-stan, the memories of my cooking was the only thing that got him through some of the rough times. Well, he doesn't have a girlfriend, so I guess mom's cooking will have to do! So, naturally, I want to make all his favorites and create some new ones. Today... smoked pizza!!! :clap2:

brickie 12-22-2011 12:03 PM

Tish, well done! Not a fan of bacon but will show this to wife to try for our kids.

To your son, thank you!!! Even though I would or could never let my son go to war, I know you are immensely proud. No higher honor than serving your country.

brickie