The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Reynolds Wrap No stick foil ? (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86926)

PTSidehow 06-20-2010 10:40 AM

New Reynolds Wrap No stick foil ?

Has anybody used the New Reynolds Wrap No stick foil? There is a coupon in the Sundays Detroit fish wrap, comics section for the no food sticking to aluminum foil,

Of course I just bought a new box of the long HD stuff yesterday. I was wondering if it is:

A. Any good at what it claims?

B. Worth the extra money it probably costs?
:thumb:

jmilleronaire 06-20-2010 10:50 AM

This is an excellent question! I was just looking at it today, but decided to go with the wide HD foil I always use. I'll be watching for responses as well!

Mark Stanton 06-20-2010 11:27 AM

I bought a roll but haven't used any yet. Seems like it was about the same price as the extra heavy foil.

BruceB 06-20-2010 11:49 AM

We've used it, usually to line cookie sheets with when we don't want anything to stick or for anything else that clean up might be time consuming. It works as advertised as far as I'm concerned...good product. I haven't seen it in wider rolls yet though.

aquablue22 06-20-2010 01:51 PM

I've used it and it's no big deal, IMO..just something to charge to extra for, like sticky saran wrap..........

SmokeJumper 06-20-2010 02:00 PM

I'm a huge fan when cooking with gooey and sticky foods that stick to foil. Think melted cheese (nachos and enchis!), caramel, candied pecans, etc. Those foods slide off like butter and make the extra cost worth every cent.
Otherwise I just use the off brand cheap stuff.

FretBender 06-20-2010 04:29 PM

I used it to line the bottom of my oven. It fused itself to the bottom of the oven and I had to replace it (the oven pan). Don't use it in that way, ever!

BBQchef33 06-20-2010 04:30 PM

can we use it on foil girl? :becky:

Bartstop 06-20-2010 04:44 PM

nonstick = chemicals
chemicals + heat = carcinogen
carcinogen = cancer

Not for my family. No way.:mad:

PatioDaddio 06-20-2010 05:22 PM

I tried to use the wide "heavy-duty" stuff to wrap a brisket and it tore very easily. I threw it aside and grabbed the old standard HD stuff.

John

Big Jim BBQ 06-21-2010 07:27 AM

Reynolds also makes a "Super Duty" foil but it's hard to find in local stores. I found it online. Pretty costly but it does well for lining the fire box in my Bandera. it's a good bit heavier than thier regular HD stuff.

jimbloomfield 06-21-2010 08:46 AM

non stick foil

This has been out for years. At one time they made a wide version. Have not seen it lately. When first released Sam's bundled it with reg foil in a 3 or 4 pack. This stuff is great when used to make sure food won't stick when cooking. Fish ,Cheese etc . I have actually cooked a sunny side up egg on the grill with it and the egg slides off.Not a replacement for regular or HD foil just a quality of it's own.

boatnut 06-21-2010 09:13 AM

I've been using it for several years. It's called "release". 99% of the time, I use it to grill my walleyes on. works fantastic IMO.