"That SOB Can Really Cook..."

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
... is what I over hear yesterday afternoon. It was my neighbor talking to one of his drinking buddies in their back yard. Well, the cooker was fired up, it had been most of the day. But so far, not one ounce of food ever went on......... I was re-seasoning some cast iron and also had burned off the goo from the cast iron caps from both Eggs. I guess it must have smelled kind of good. :mrgreen:

DSC04758a.jpg

I'd hit that......ouch!! :rolleyes:

Eventhough there wasn't any food in the cooker, that's still a heck of a compliment on your neighbor's part. Not that I have one, but he sure beats having a neighbor that hates the smell of smoke or Q. He sounds like a good guy. You ever have beers with him??

I had one of my neighbors ask me if I was a big hunter. I replied "No I'm just big, why?" They said "Because you are always cooking something." I guess they have never heard of a grocery store. I'm guessing they eat out a lot.

I guess like they say~~ "If you don't have a weird neighbor......it's you"

Cheers,

Nate

I had one of my neighbors ask me if I was a big hunter. I replied "No I'm just big, why?" They said "Because you are always cooking something." I guess they have never heard of a grocery store. I'm guessing they eat out a lot.

I guess like they say~~ "If you don't have a weird neighbor......it's you"

Cheers,

Nate

I don't have a weird one...............:shock:

Matter of fact, the last and only time my neighbor went wild over what I was cooking was the last time I seasoned my pit. Nothing was in iside cooking - just Crisco. It does smell good.

... is what I over hear yesterday afternoon. It was my neighbor talking to one of his drinking buddies in their back yard. Well, the cooker was fired up, it had been most of the day. But so far, not one ounce of food ever went on......... I was re-seasoning some cast iron and also had burned off the goo from the cast iron caps from both Eggs. I guess it must have smelled kind of good. :mrgreen:

DSC04758a.jpg

/quote]

I guess the SOB part can be considered a compliment! Especially if he said it in a kind-of jealousy way.

Rick

I've got one that I drop food to every now and then...

Every time I fire up the big smoker he looks over the fence and asks.... "So, is today going to be a 'good' day?"

I've got one that I drop food to every now and then...

Every time I fire up the big smoker he looks over the fence and asks.... "So, is today going to be a 'good' day?"
I have one of those to the left of me, I drop her a bit of food but she still robs me when I buy flowers from her for my wife. To the right after six months a new set of chavs have moved in so we set them straight with the smoke situation, they should be buying a clothes dryer VERY soon.lol

I figure the more their kids scream , fight, and bang on the walls the longer I smoke on a regular basis. Can you smoke canned hot dogs??

hahahaha!

that's what they say down at the bar...
"that smells great... whatcha cooking"
and i say
"nuthin"
:biggrin:

That's a great compliment ThirdEye.
I just picked up one of those corn cob cornbread thingies.
It's seasoned good but there's alot of crud in the kernels. :shock:
I'm thinking powerwasher to clean it out, any ideas??

Get it hot, pour some water in there, loosens everything up, then re-season! :biggrin:

Get it hot, pour some water in there, loosens everything up, then re-season! :biggrin:

If you do this it may crack, add water the bring to boil. Best way to clean is electrolysis or put in self clean oven upside down and run thru cycle.

Mike

Eventhough there wasn't any food in the cooker, that's still a heck of a compliment on your neighbor's part. Not that I have one, but he sure beats having a neighbor that hates the smell of smoke or Q. He sounds like a good guy. You ever have beers with him??

Yeah I have....but even though I'm pretty hard to rub the wrong way, this dude works on it.

Matter of fact, the last and only time my neighbor went wild over what I was cooking was the last time I seasoned my pit. Nothing was in iside cooking - just Crisco. It does smell good.

Maybe he knows what is down the road.

If it's an old neglected one, do what you need to to clean it up. Steel wool, soap and water, etc., then start over with the re-seasoning process. If its just cruddy, warm it up and have a go with a stiff brush (like the one you clean potatoes with), I start with hot oil and rinse with hot water. Soap is a no-no. Dry in the oven, then lightly oil and do a bake out at 250* for an hour. If you don't like the results, go for a re-season. But do it outdoors.

Back