Backyard Benihana...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
So, there is this Japanese cooking throwdown going on. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169117

I worked my way through graduate obedience school as a Hibachi cook at the absolute pinnacle of Japanese cuisine -- Benihana.

picture.php

So, I hope landarc will not disembowel himself in shame when I beat him in this throwdown, but I feel I must play the Benihana card. :cool: I think you would, too, if you could. :becky:

I am honor bound not to reveal the Benihana secret recipes, but I'll share what I can. Here we have the prep tray.

picture.php

I don't have the benefit of the Benihana flat-top table, so I have to make due with an 18.5 OTG and a big cast iron pan.

picture.php

First up, some Benihana fried rice. Ya' gotta' have that.

picture.php

Then we have the signature Benihana Hibachi Steak and Mushrooms.

picture.php

And we finish the cook with some Benihana Shrimp.

picture.php

I serve it all up with some Benihana Ginger Dipping Sauce and Benihana Magic Mustard. Here is the money shot.

picture.php

CD

Got Sekisui Hibachi here in Memphis, so never been to Benihana's. I'll just have to take your word for it. Nice plate! If a bit on the cooked side of "moo"... I would not be sending it back though.

Last time I went to a hibachi style restaurant, the cook asked how I wanted my steak. Told him I just wanted it to wave at the grill as it passed by. Damned if he didn't cook me a perfect rare.

That first picture still cracks me up! :lol:

I'm still trying to figure out how you got that shrimp tail into my shirt pocket!

:becky:

Well played CD... :mrgreen:

Hey, I knew landarc would enter something his great grand-platypus cooked back in the home country, so I knew I had to bring out the heavy artillery.
Sorry I didn't have pics of my flair, but it is hard to toss food in the air and take pictures at the same time.

Ronelle, that shrimp tail was aimed at your wife's cleavage. In hindsight, I'm thinking it's probably good that I missed. :becky:

CD

Back