The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Red Weber OTPlus Score (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155166)

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 05:31 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

4 Attachment(s)
Got it home this morning and didn't have to clean a thing. I'll switch an open ash pan to it for the time being until I can start the process to turn it into a ghetto mastertouch. It's sexy time...

Attachment 76562
Attachment 76563
Attachment 76564
Attachment 76565

Bluesman 03-02-2013 05:32 PM

Great Score..............now were you hiding this one.............:shock:

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 05:36 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

1 Attachment(s)
The garage with the other kettle and the pitts offset.

Here is a picture of her with her sister. The other legitimate and known redhead is on the deck.

Attachment 76566

caseydog 03-02-2013 05:48 PM

I went by Elliot's but they tossed their big box of orphan Weber parts. :doh:

Using that photo I sent you, you may be able to modify a new OTG ash catcher to hang on your MT.

CD

Bluesman 03-02-2013 05:55 PM

I've got old parts I may be able to blueprint for you. Let me know what you need.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 05:58 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseydog (Post 2390841)
I went by Elliot's but they tossed their big box of orphan Weber parts. :doh:

Using that photo I sent you, you may be able to modify a new OTG ash catcher to hang on your MT.

CD

I looked on the virtual weber site where they have several options for modifying the new catchers. I'll probably check one of those out.

Thanks for checking for me though. Its very appreciated.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 06:04 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2390850)
I've got old parts I may be able to blueprint for you. Let me know what you need.

I'm going to start by looking for one of the older models of catcher rings shown below (please excuse the photo quality as the guy who took it is still learning).

Attachment 76570

If I get stuck on that I'll mod one of the newer ones. Or I'll get lazy and claim to be a Weber purist so I can just toss an open ash catcher on it like Weber intended.

Bluesman 03-02-2013 07:03 PM

I may have what you need. I also saw the old style sweeper kit today in the hardware store....new in box. All we need to do is get that nut off......clean. I have also done that same mod to my 97 Performer. Easy Peezy

EDIT: That is not the original basket hanger from Weber. It's already been modified.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 07:09 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2390940)
I may have what you need. I also saw the old style sweeper kit today in the hardware store....new in box. All we need to do is get that nut off......clean. I have also done that same mod to my 97 Performer. Easy Peezy

I'm quite talented at getting nuts off so that shouldn't be a problem. If you have an extra old style ring as shown in CDs picture above, I'd be happy to talk out the details if you're willing to part with it. You're mah boy blue!

Bluesman 03-02-2013 07:50 PM

Does this work? It is the one that uses the cross bar from that year. I don't charge for dirt and grime............:biggrin1:

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle 03-02-2013 07:58 PM

Red Weber OTPlus Score

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluesman (Post 2390998)
Does this work? It is the one that uses the cross bar from that year. I don't charge for dirt and grime............:biggrin1:

I believe that's the one. Let's talk business!

Bluesman 03-02-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fo Sizzle My Nizzle (Post 2391007)
I believe that's the one. Let's talk business!

Lets's talk