Bunch of random cook pics from the past few weeks

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Had some time off work the past couple weeks, so I tried to unplug, take care of some things around the house, and do some grilling and smoking. I took my Shirley over to a buddy's house that lives close to an airport that an air show and the Blue Angels were at, so we got a little show - first time I've taken it anywhere outside my driveway to cook since converting it to a trailer. Then had a party for a friend that was in town that never really had American style BBQ before, so I did pork, brisket, and ribs.

beef ribs and a Boston butt on the Mak 2*

Pre cooking some briskets for the party...ribs and chicken for lunch

Making some beans with some brisket point, cooked on the Mak under the ribs.

These ribs turned out really good - Oakridge Secret Weapon + HDD + Yes Dear sauce (great sauce BTW)

Last edited:
Finally got around to cooking the A5 Wagyu I got from Crowd Cow - initially tried to do a quick sear using my Searzall but found that the amount of fat it released made it hard to get a good sear on it, so decided to just use a cast iron pan with some oil in it and it worked a little better. It was very tasty :thumb:

Looks top notch - lucky person to have that as their first taste of BBQ (or unlucky depending on how you look at it :icon_smile_tongue:)

Great pics of the Blue Angels - they fly over our house every year for Seafair practice and put on quite a show.

You have been busy.

I felt like I didn't get to do as much barbecuin' as I originally intended, but seeing all the pics together I guess I still did a fair amount :thumb:

Looks top notch - lucky person to have that as their first taste of BBQ (or unlucky depending on how you look at it :icon_smile_tongue:)

Not often you get to set the standard by which all others are judged :becky:

Back