The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brethren Road Trips (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best BBQ restaurant from MS to Nashville (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257177)

biglag 02-15-2018 10:31 AM

Best BBQ restaurant from MS to Nashville

We are about to take a short vacation to Nashville and we want to stop and get some good BBQ on the way. Anyone have any recommendations on some good BBQ anywhere from between Mississippi and Nashville?

TopItOff 02-15-2018 10:46 AM

I have a BBQ program just outside Nashville on 1-24. It is operating out of my Shell Gas Station. Our smoked burgers are big and we get great feedback from them. We offer pulled pork, brisket, pulled chicken, ribs (most days), and sides. Not a sit down bar yet, it is coming though. If you are in the mood for Hot Chicken I am opening one in the next couple of days not far from my convenience store. A lot of folks love Martin’s BBQ, I haven’t rated their though so I can’t tell you anything about that. Good luck on your trip and hopefully you will find some great food.

mytmouz 02-15-2018 01:57 PM

Memphis BBQ in Horn Lake MS vets my vote...

Gatordawg 02-15-2018 07:37 PM

Eat at Martins when you get to Nashville. Which way you going up?

biglag 02-15-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatordawg (Post 3952494)
Eat at Martins when you get to Nashville. Which way you going up?

It all depends on which restaurant we are trying to hit. No definite plans yet. Still scoping it out.

frognot 02-16-2018 08:13 AM

Martin's for BBQ in Nashville. Heard good things about Pegleg Porker's but haven't been there.

You said BBQ but gotta mention Puckett's Boathouse in Franklin (south of Nashville). The BBQ shrimp over chipolte cheese grits is my go to. (and get the key lime pie.). More southern/seafood with great service and live music. My wife also liked walking around in Franklin.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken in Nashville is another favorite.

Just checked Puckett's menu and looks like it's now whiskey cheese grits instead of chipolte. Hmmmmm . . . sounds like we need a return trip.

biglag 02-16-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frognot (Post 3952661)
Martin's for BBQ in Nashville. Heard good things about Pegleg Porker's but haven't been there.

You said BBQ but gotta mention Puckett's Boathouse in Franklin (south of Nashville). The BBQ shrimp over chipolte cheese grits is my go to. (and get the key lime pie.). More southern/seafood with great service and live music. My wife also liked walking around in Franklin.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken in Nashville is another favorite.

Just checked Puckett's menu and looks like it's now whiskey cheese grits instead of chipolte. Hmmmmm . . . sounds like we need a return trip.

Thank you very much! Will check those out for sure.