High Plains Indian - Chicken Tikka Masala - w/Pr0N

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It's already been a pretty awesome day here. (Homemade Husk Cheeseburger Sliders)

I've had a hankerin' for some Indian food for several weeks... like 2+ months. All I had to do was suggest some Chicken Tikka, and off we went!

Here's the recipe for the Tikka Marinade: (Original Link)
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin (toasted, if you can)
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander (toasted, if you can)
- 1-2 Tbsp minced garlic from a jar
- 1-1.5 Tbsp minced ginger from a jar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala (It's worth it to get good quality or grind your own)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Glug or two of oil (EVOO, Avocado, Vegetable... whatever you have handy)

I've marinated the bird (or lamb) overnight... for just a few hours... whatever.

I put it all in a ziptop baggie for a while.

YBfkjmah.jpg

Fired up the Vortex with some lump, then put the thighs on the kettle for a bit.

6OQl4rWh.jpg

Melted some ghee in a warm pan

cbl1YyAh.jpg

In went the onion, garlic, and ginger

TDvCCvKh.jpg

In went 3 big dollops of Mr. Patak's Hot Chili Paste

3kHy3x5h.jpg

CINCHOUSE helped with chopping up the chicken thighs, then I added them into the mix.

AYk7wXPh.jpg

Added a bit of tomato puree - normally I like diced 'maters then a bit of a cook-down... but you work with what's available.

N1AQT6Hh.jpg

BossLady begged off the Sak Option this time... so we went with plain old rice this time. - Added some cucumber, onion, and cilantro raita.

0IsllXfh.jpg

More shenanigans to come from this end - I also picked up a couple of corned beef brisket points (pastrami!) and a rack of spare ribs!

Last edited:
Awesome post and good to see you back Marc. I'm bookmarking this.

Great post...I love chicken tikka....I liketo eat with naan.

I even learned a few things...CINCHOUSE...never heard this term...googled it then chuckled.

Then the SAK recipe link...that sounds awesome as well!

I even learned a few things...

Great! Glad to help!

Army guys will also use the term House Six to refer to their better half...

I'm a huge fan of naan, and would love to get my hands on a real tandoor oven like one of our fellow forum members has.

I highly recommend giving that sak (cauliflower) recipe a try. It makes a bit of a mess, but it's become a family favorite and a frequent request when we cook for others.

Have a great week!

Welcome home and nicely done Shadow, I would be honored to share a plate of your Chicken Tikka.

Great looking dish. All I was thinking it was missing was the flatbread (Naan) to scoop it up with or eat like a taco...

You might want to check out this inexpensive tandoori oven alternative:

Thanks for the video suggestion, Moose! That looks like a fun and interesting project!

All I was thinking it was missing was the flatbread (Naan) to scoop it up with or eat like a taco...

Yeah, I should've picked up some naan, but I've never even thought of an Indian taco! There's gotta be some crazy food truck out there making a riff on that!

Back