• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Barn Burner at Lambs Farm October 19th and 20th.

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well it looks like we are once again going to be attending this great competition. Is any one else going to show up?

As in years past, we are again planning on celebrating one of our members, Angelo’s, birthday on Friday with a couple of double smoked hams!

We’ll supply the meat, bread, condiments, and plates if you all are willing to bring something to serve along side.

I will give it one more year. But the entry fee and prize fund are not fair to the cooks. I realize it is a fundraiser. But paying over $275 for a $4k contest doesnt add up when you have over 50 teams... too bad as this is a local contest and i have had some good results over the years. I am probably one of only a handful of teams that have been to them all, so i am not bitching about anything I haven't said to the organizer.

We'll be doing our best to make it out and say hi to Dive, his crew, and everyone else Friday, and maybe Saturday, along with our usual neighbors and pals Moose's, and all our other freinds. Hoped to be able to do this one this year, but wasn't in the cards. Hope to be back next year cooking!

Wish I could make it this year. Wife is due in November with our son and I have already been told the season is done for me..lol. Good luck to all that are cooking.

It is on our radar. Not sure for certain with everything up in the air with baby coming. We did enjoy ourselves in 2009 the last time we were able to go. Hopefully we will get to seeing our IL friends!

One of these years I will get down there.We had intended going this year but at the time I didnt realise they moved the date back a little.

Really?

With two weeks to go there are only 3 teams goin?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

From thier site.... Not a big brethren turnout, but there are some!

Registered BBQ Teams:
Ace of Diamonds BBQ
Az Good Az It Gets
Baby Got Back BBQ
BBQ’s Pits & Spits
BEARCAT SMOKERS
Big Head BBQ
Brewtown Smokers
cancersuckschicago.com
Cherry Red Roasters
CowboyUP BBQ KS
Designated Smokin’ Area
DGQ
Fat Boyz BBQ
Firefly BBQ
Four Fathers BBQ
Grill Masters
Hawgwash BBQ
Hot Diggity Hog IL
Husky Hog
Irish Eyes BBQ
J & S BBQ
Kave Dwellers
Ken’s Burnt Ends
KRE Smokers
Low “Dough” B-Que
Ma & Pa’s Kettle
MAC ATTACK BBQ
M-BURS
Moose’s Barbecue
Papa’s Smokin’ Seven
PIG PILE BBQ
Pirate Pete’s BBQ
Q-n With ATTITUDE
QU Smokin’ Krewe
Quau
Rack Masters BBQ
Risky Brisket
Rock Doc BBQ
Slug Bug BBQ
Smokin’ Hot Meat
Smoking Steel Keg BBQ
Southside Smoke N BBQ
Stockcar BBQ
The Smoke Hunters
Three Sons BBQ
Tim’s Full Belli Deli
Toppgator BBQ Team
Vicious & Delicious
Yellow River BBQ
Registered Chili Teams:
DGQ – Chilligeddon
Irish Eyes BBQ – Wicked Good Chili
Pirate Pete’s BBQ – Dead Man Walking
Vicious & Delicious – Down Home Heart Warmer

I can't cook it this year, but I plan to stop by Friday night for a little bit. Good luck to everyone competing!

Amazing that I know none of these teams.. where do they all come from for this contest?

Libertyville

We are coming up from Kansas to visit a couple colleges for Luke and cook the contest with some guys I work with at Grainger. Looking forward to meeting some Brethren.

Eric

I just checked with the organizer and they are not taking any more teams. They have 49 and that is apparently the most they can have with only 2 KCBS reps. I was going to try and squeeze this one in but no luck.

I just checked with the organizer and they are not taking any more teams. They have 49 and that is apparently the most they can have with only 2 KCBS reps. I was going to try and squeeze this one in but no luck.

That makes sense.

Either way, if you are around, everyone is still invited Friday. Figure I'll do up a couple of 25 pounders.

We're in, we figured between Kenosha and St Charles we only knew how to sweat in our first year, now we want to find out how to freeze.

Back