Temp to reheat Brisket

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hey I Smoked a 10.6 lb whole packer this past monday for a party this friday night. Sliced it and put in a zip lock bag with the juice and threw in the freezer. Put in the fridge tonight to start to thaw. What temp in the oven do I need to re-heat? Thanks again for your help.

If you are going to re-heat in a covered pan then take the internal temp to 160 for 60 sec and then hold at 140. That is what I do for butts anyhow.

On edit:

If you are asking what temp to set the oven at then I would think 350 would be good.

Last edited:
What I'll usually do is if I am serving brisket, I'll put it in a roaster and set the temp to about 250 or 275 for 2 - 3 hours to heat it through, then back it off to 200, and I can hold it there for as long as I need. I add a cup or two of apple juice to keep it moist, but for the most part I've never had a problem doing it this way.

I usually reheat at around 250. I always keep it covored to help mitigate moisture loss.

If it's in a zip-lock already, just float it in a pot of boiling water until it's serving temp. Won't dry out that way.

Usually if I plan on holding a brisket I foil it whole and then put it in the oven in the foil and re-heat and slice after it's heated. I tend to lose less juice this way.

Back