Bacon Wrapped Brats.... almost on the campfire

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been camping a lot lately. On my last trip I didn't find out until I arrived, that there was a burn ban. So.... no campfires were allowed but they said you could use gas.
I don't cook on gas when camping I cook over a campfire... but I had my weed burner with me (for starting the campfire)

I had my heart set on a hot bacon wrapped brat... and there was an icky campground grill...
039-2-1.jpg

I shoved the weed burner into the base of the icky grill, added a pot of brats in beer...

061-1.jpg

let them simmer for awhile

056-2-1.jpg

062-3.jpg

wrapped them in bacon while I caramelized some onions and heated the kraut..

088-1.jpg

wrapped the icky grill in foil and poked holes in the foil with a toothpick...then browned my bacon wrapped brats...

092-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

126-1.jpg

129-1.jpg

toasted some buns...

132-1.jpg

topped with the caramelized onions, kraut and spicy brown mustard

150-1.jpg

I was so happy :)

144-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I was about to put out a A.P.B. on you, Jeanie! Welcome home. Glad you had fun camping. AWESOME job adapting, improvising and overcoming your dire circumstances. You, ma'am, are a prime example of great American ingenuity. You make me proud to be an American. :)

I was about to put out a A.P.B. on you, Jeanie! Welcome home. Glad you had fun camping. AWESOME job adapting, improvising and overcoming your dire circumstances. You, ma'am, are a prime example of great American ingenuity. You make me proud to be an American. :)

lol Dan Thanks! I appreciate the warm welcome home. :-D:thumb:

There's that "Mine"!:becky:
You ran out of Old Man's Jeanie?
Hook a Sister up Phesz!:wink:
Thanks for the Pron Jeaniusz!

Thanks Phu!! "MINE" is almost worn out. :becky:

Nicely improvised, lady!

And in other news, there IS something on this earth that even cowgirl finds "icky". :laugh:

Nicely improvised, lady!

And in other news, there IS something on this earth that even cowgirl finds "icky". :laugh:
lol Thanks Arlin! I have a long list of "icky" things... I'm a wuss. :-D

Awesome job, way to overcome the obstacles.
You even had mustard:)

Thank you Isolated01! I love spicy brown mustard on a brat. :-D

Shhh, don't say that too loudly around here, the pedestal everyone's put you on might wobble! :becky:

lol Arlin... I'm a wuss... I can process a pig or deer with no problem but I can't touch a mouse or a tomato horn worm. They are so "icky!" :becky:

Oh Jeanie, you had me at "Bacon" :clap2:

:becky: Thank you Tim!

Thank you Bill and SmokinPaPa.. (((HUG))) :-D

Thanks Ash, Rich and Death! :-D

Ash I just made your BLT dip for supper... it's great! :thumb:

Back