The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Labor Day Menus (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9260)

Bill-Chicago 09-02-2004 08:28 AM

Labor Day Menus

Well, its already Thursday and no one is talking food yet.

I got a 7.6# trimmed Costco flat (2.05 a pound) thawing, and a 4# pork loin.

I'll add to that, and this thread as we go along.

Thinking of trying the fried ravioli things that Greg is talking about.

I'm sure 2 slabs of baby backs will make it to the racks too.

Need to get supplies. I'm nearly all out.

What you all cooking?

Bill-Chicago 09-02-2004 08:39 AM

Almost forgot. Gonna try a 1# skinless bolgna chub too

Bellybro 09-02-2004 08:41 AM

Our new smoker should be ready for pickup either today or tommorrow. Mr. Kick is going to come out and help us christen this beast!

I am thinking the following:
Brisket
Ribs
Loin
Chicken
Pork Butt

And Don't FOr get the fatties!

JT you may have to stop by and check on us??

jt 09-02-2004 08:43 AM

You doing that on Monday? PM me directions and I'll see what we're doing. Weekend plans have kinda taken a hit so not sure what's going on right now...

Jorge 09-02-2004 08:47 AM

Had the 'dera about 2/3 full yesterday. Keep some and spread the rest out to friends and family. I tried a couple of the suggestions I got from my 'What haven't you tried?' thread. I'll sample some more later and post the results.

Labor day: Picked up six racks of spares yesterday. Might grab some more this afternoon. Planning on 1-2 briskets depending on the quality. Thinking about stuffing a pork loin as well. And of course, sausage!

Bill-Chicago 09-02-2004 08:49 AM

Good idea Jorge.

I might try stuffing one too. Maybe Canadian bacon in a pork loin. nothing goes better with pork, than pork

BBQchef33 09-02-2004 08:49 AM

dunno yet.. havent decided.. got 14 people coming though... gotta feed em something.

maybe i should start dinkin huh??

Bellybro 09-02-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

You doing that on Monday?
I have a strange feeling we will start on friday night and keep smoking until at least Sunday possiblt Monday.

kcquer 09-02-2004 09:21 AM

Quote:

Thinking of trying the fried ravioli things that Greg is talking about.
Bill, it's awesome stuff, as a matter of fact were doing some tonight for the Cowboys v Chiefs game. Having an all appetizers menu. Shrimp cocktail, mozzarella sticks, puppy peters (lil smokies), buffalo wings and the ravioli.

Doing a pair of briskets and experimenting with some on-sale spares, yes the experimenting may even include some boiling. Let the flogging begin.

kameo3 09-02-2004 09:30 AM

Sunday, I'm going to load up mine with some 2 spares, some rib tips, some stl pork steaks, some chicken legs for the kids, my 1st fatty,a brisket flat and something new a bratwurst, hot italian sausage fatty roll.
all rub with my special rub and somked using a 50/50 cherry/hickory mix!!!

Bellybro 09-02-2004 09:32 AM

Quote:

yes the experimenting may even include some boiling.
Did he type what I think he typed? He said the "B" word!!! I'm telling!

Solidkick 09-02-2004 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellybro
Quote:

yes the experimenting may even include some boiling.
Did he type what I think he typed? He said the "B" word!!! I'm telling!

Say it ain't so! No boiling allowed!

kcquer 09-02-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

I have a strange feeling we will start on friday night and keep smoking until at least Sunday possiblt Monday.
I would be disappointed in anything less! Don't forget pictures, we gotta have pix of the new rig.

Yes I used the "B" word. Just a quick 20 minute simmer for comparitive purposes, gonna brine a rack too and figure out a couple more variations just for fun.

Bill-Chicago 09-02-2004 09:42 AM

You get Maxim magazine E?

Great article on Top 10 sandwhichs.

Think a KC place made it.

Anyway, they have a sandwhich thats all appetizers on a bun. Mozzarella sticks, poppers, fries, the works, all piled on. That was the #1 sandwhich

kameo3 09-02-2004 09:45 AM

B&*$ling,
What the???
call the state police!!